Classroom time to be reduced in ‘education upgrade’

webfact

Classroom time to be reduced in ‘education upgrade’

By THE NATION

800_4940d20135bcccc.jpg?v=1609172007

Natthapol Teepsuwan

The Education Ministry said on Monday it will upgrade the education system next year by reducing the time students spend in classroom in order to boost personal learning time.

Education Minister Natthapol Teepsuwan said the move was part of an ongoing push to improve Thai education in 2021.

He added that the new budget for school lunches will soon be proposed to the Cabinet as a “gift to students”.

Natthapol also said more foreign teachers would be back in the classroom soon, after many were barred from returning to Thailand due to the Covid-19 travel ban.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30400380

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-12-29

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

reducing the time students spend in classroom in order to boost personal learning time.

I'm in Grade 8 and my teacher came in and said, "OK, everyone leave....go walk around and explore the school, boost your personal learning time!!!"  

then I heard snoring.

and then I had to google "boost," since that word is difficult

then I spent the next 9798798 hours on my phone

Years later I was becoming a doctor and my boss said, "come here, learn how to fix this man's brain."

I said, "leave, give me personal learning time!!!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Same mentality as every weekend a long weekend. Less work more productivity, Who employs these clowns that come up only with popularity policies. Development come through sacrifice and hard work. No problems mum and dad can buy my qualifications when I decide to start work. Then I can get employment with the government and introduce a three day working week.

• Like 1

makes sense...less teaching time =smarter student-- thai logic 101-- The Ultimate rule =Thailand No 1

Always seeking the least painful way aka shortcut......is ok..mai pen rai..same same but different..I go sleep!

Edited by ChakaKhan

10 hours ago, webfact said:

He added that the new budget for school lunches will soon be proposed to the Cabinet as a “gift to students”.

He added that the new budget for school lunches will soon be proposed to the Cabinet as a “gift to students”….loyal Education Ministry hacks who’ve been stealing children’s lunch money for years.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, newnative said:

What a joke.  And, didn't they already reduce class time several years ago?  How did that turn out?  Well, let's see... Thailand's English grade ranking has fallen, not improved, the last 4 years.  

As have Math and Science ratings among developing Nations.

• Like 1

It's academic that the Thai education system at all levels really requires reform; from schools to universities.

Unformatley, the goal of the education systems here is not to fail students at all costs (first hand experience).

Until, this issue is addressed the Thai education system will be the statuesque of the bygone years (it is what it is).  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/29/2020 at 6:40 AM, nikmar said:

I wonder what new computer games the students will learn to play with all this personal learning time.

A lot of these games are now classed as 'eSports' and are being included in sports week at some schools

• Haha 1