Vicious teacher attacks primary school boy with electrical cord

webfact

Vicious teacher attacks primary school boy with electrical cord

6pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

A Thai woman living abroad contacted the media after her son in P6 was attacked by a 56 year old teacher at a school in Primary Region 1 in Surin in the north east of Thailand. 

The family claimed that the male teacher concerned was always hitting students.

The boy was hit with an electrical cord across his back over to his chest. 

He told his guardian - his grandmother - after he noticed blood from the wound later. 

News of the attack soon reached the boy's mother who works abroad. 

Daily News reported that the teacher concerned has regularly assaulted students under his care with a variety of weapons such as rulers, board rubbers - anything that was at hand would do. 

The boy said he was just messing about with friends and didn't deserve to be assaulted. 

Daily News contacted the school director who said curtly that they didn't know if the teacher concerned would be in today. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-12-29

Strange how things have changed.  When I was at school we were hit with rulers, blackboard dusters, canes, PE slippers and parents were told and there was never a complaint.  However it is a very fine line and Thai teachers like to hit kids as young as 6 for no reason.  We deserved our punishment !  I don't think you ever hear of Thai teachers hitting 16 year old kids. There would be revenge.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jaiyen said:

parents were told and there was never a complaint

I used to get "the cuts" (strap, cane, ruler etc ) all the time but would never tell my parents or else they would give me a flogging as well.  I wasnt a really bad kid, it was just the way it was back then, we accepted it as part of school.

However if any teacher had got physical with my daughter it would have been a different story.

1 hour ago, jaiyen said:

Strange how things have changed.  When I was at school we were hit with rulers, blackboard dusters, canes, PE slippers and parents were told and there was never a complaint.  However it is a very fine line and Thai teachers like to hit kids as young as 6 for no reason.  We deserved our punishment !  I don't think you ever hear of Thai teachers hitting 16 year old kids. There would be revenge.

They do. Have witnessed it !

5 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

yeah, let's teach him a real lesson. Transfer him to another school

I really cant get my head around this common Thai behaviour.  I taught at one of the notorious sarasas schools for ten years.   At one time the schools "Morals and Ethics" teacher disappeared from school.  Apart from being the morals and ethics teacher (lol) he was also responsible for collecting the monthly rent from the many kiosks on school property but also to collect the money from the Buddhist  "poor boxes".  It was discovered that he had run off with about two months rent collections and same for the poor boxes.  As far as I know the police were not involved. 

About 3 months later he turned himself in to the school blaming his problems on his attraction to some 'mia noi'.  Now the money was gone and so was his mia noi.  Unbelievably they took him back but transferred him to another of its schools as , yes you guessed it, "Morals and Ethics" teacher!??

Now you could say that by giving him his job back they had a chance of him paying them back month by month but how could he be trusted again?

Let’s hope they get these issues stopped. Require all teachers to attend anger management classes at set intervals. 

Secondly get funding so all children have an opportunity for schooling through 12 grade., apologies don’t know what grade

that equates Thai. 

My children are out of school long ago in their 40s...