IO Pathum Thani - Extension of stay based on marriage - any recent experiences?

Hi out there,

I'm currently on a Non-Imm O-A Visa in Thailand and have to do my first extension of stay in February. I'm choosing "based on marriage" because I want to avoid the Thai health insurance. When I go to Pathum Thani IO some month ago, I asked already for the documents they need. On this opportunity the handed over the attached file (only in Thai language and in parts the copy is not very clear). There are still some open questions for my wife and myself, for example

- No. 1 on the first page: cannot read

- No. 3 on the first page: what receipt, TM6 arrival card?

- No. 8 on the first page: only relevant, if we have children?

- No. 9 on the first page: bank letter in thai or english language or both?

- No. 11 on the first page: IO means the TM30?

- No. 12 on the first page: size of the pictures? A4?

- page 6 (police, black list)

- pages 11 to 14

I would like to ask if someone can answer these questions (of course will also contact the IO)  or has any recent personal experiences with IO Pathum Thani to share....especially useful are of course some hints between the lines, not written down in the document below.

Thanks so much and a happy new year to everyone....

Kind regards

Extension Of Stay Documents IO Pathum Thani.pdf

Hi there,

just come back from IO Pathum Thani and did my 90 Day Report. Go there in person, because I wanted to asked the questions above.

BIG SURPRISE:

I got the information, that because I'm staying on Non-Imm O-A Visa the first extension of stay MUST be made based on retirement. Further extensions can be made based on marriage.

I am not aware of such a rule....UbonJoe: maybe you can comment...thanks so much!

If I go for the retirement extension how to proof that I get the requested income (have only 400.000 Baht in the bank account right now and don't want to send more to Thailand). Do I have to go with my salary papers from my company to the embassy of my home country?

Thanks for any help!!!

1 minute ago, xn47140 said:

Do I have to go with my salary papers from my company to the embassy of my home country?

What is your home country? It does matter as some embassies will, some won't.

25 minutes ago, xn47140 said:

I got the information, that because I'm staying on Non-Imm O-A Visa the first extension of stay MUST be made based on retirement. Further extensions can be made based on marriage.

I have never heard of that being a requirement. As far as i know there is no rule that states that. But with that office it is not surprise since they are know for being difficult.

25 minutes ago, xn47140 said:

If I go for the retirement extension how to proof that I get the requested income (have only 400.000 Baht in the bank account right now and don't want to send more to Thailand).

The German embassy will issue a proof of income document.  If less than 65k baht you could combine it with the money you have in bank.

Edited by ubonjoe
changed post to show the embassy info

ubonjoe: Because I'm living in Pathum Thani (showing in yellow housebook, TM30) I MUST go to IO Pathum Thani? That's true isn't it? Can't go for example to Bangkok IO?

Edited by xn47140

8 minutes ago, xn47140 said:

ubonjoe: Because I'm living in Pathum Thani (showing in yellow housebook, TM30) I MUST go to IO Pathum Thani? That's true isn't it? Can't go for example to Bangkok IO?

That is correct. 

• Thanks 1