On-line appointment system

I used the online system yesterday morning to make an appointment mid-Jan for extension of stay at CW. All went well and when I finished the last screen showed what I'd filled and "show your confirmation email or text to information counter ...". Neither of which I have yet received. Is this delay normal? I thought the appointment system would be instantaneous and no need for manual input at their end.

OP, ubonjoe referring to spam folder will be correct. 

Yes the email confirmation is pretty much instant. Also in reference to "show your confirmation email at information counter....." was not my experience. You do not go to information counter you go direct to your L desk. The # is in the confirmation email.

Finally a screenshot is not acceptable. They require a print out of the email. They take pic of you holding print out under chin.

The system works a treat. Be on time. 15 minutes prior to your booking. Most like you will be seen in that time prior to your 'slot'.

Do not just sit and wait as they will not call your # etc. When you see imm officer without customer then hold up your email printout.

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Have you checked your spam or trash email folders.

Some people have found them in the spam folder due to the email address immigration uses.

Freakin' genius:-) Yep, there it was. Thanks.

1 minute ago, Why Me said:

Freakin' genius:-) Yep, there it was.

Yes he is.

BTW if you don't have a printer re print out of your appointment email, down stairs with the banks is a small booth that does printing/photos etc. You forward the imm appointment email to them and they print it out 5baht. Also of course the banks are there to obtain your letter and make small deposit to show activity.

Note one bank (think it's SCB) have closed their branch there quite some time back.

From appointment slot, I left CW after 45 minutes. Excellent.

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

Yes he is.

BTW if you don't have a printer re print out of your appointment email, down stairs with the banks is a small booth that does printing/photos etc. You forward the imm appointment email to them and they print it out 5baht. Also of course the banks are there to obtain your letter and make small deposit to show activity.

Note one bank (think it's SCB) have closed their branch there quite some time back.

From appointment slot, I left CW after 45 minutes. Excellent.

Thanks, Dr. I have a printer at home so no problem. Re bank docs let me run the following by you:

1. 12 mth. statements (I am using the 800k method) from my last extension I will get from my local branch near where I live couple of days before my Imm date .

2. Standard bank letter re my ac. will get from my local branch same time as the statements couple of days before.

3. Will update my bank pass book at my local branch same day and make copies of all pages before heading out to CW. Btw, if they are willing to do an update without a 100b. deposit I guess that's not an issue.

Does the above sound good? I know there's a Kbank branch at CW but I am a nervous Ned and want to get all my docs nicely set before heading out.

1 minute ago, Why Me said:

Thanks, Dr. I have a printer at home so no problem. Re bank docs let me run the following by you:

1. 12 mth. statements (I am using the 800k method) from my last extension I will get from my local branch near where I live couple of days before my Imm date .

2. Standard bank letter re my ac. will get from my local branch same time as the statements couple of days before.

3. Will update my bank pass book at my local branch same day and make copies of all pages before heading out to CW. Btw, if they are willing to do an update without a 100b. deposit I guess that's not an issue.

Does the above sound good? I know there's a Kbank branch at CW but I am a nervous Ned and want to get all my docs nicely set before heading out.

Why are you obtaining bank statements. I realize that some immigration offices have started this stunt. CW is happy with photocopies of all your pages for last 12 months. 

As for obtaining bank letter few days previous, personally I would not. At CW sometimes they are pedantic about activity 'on day of application'. 

I made my appointment for 10.45am.

Did my bank letter etc hour prior at CW. Obviously the bank staff know what you need before you even sit down.  I paid 100baht bank letter and deposit. Asked teller to be so kind to photocopy my updated page. Easy peasy.

21 minutes ago, Harkouk said:

Am trying to book appointment online now, but when it gets to the drop down 'select objective' menu there is no option for extension based on marriage - only retirement. 

Appointments for extension based upon marriage are not available. I assume they don't have them due to it being difficult to set the amount of time required for them.

On 1/1/2021 at 12:44 PM, ubonjoe said:

Have you checked your spam or trash email folders.

Some people have found them in the spam folder due to the email address immigration uses.

Is the appointment system a standard requirement at all immigration offices now. I’ve recently returned from uk and need to extend my non O retirement visa at Korat this month and hoping to do it later this week. For some reason this is the first  at ive heard of this.

33 minutes ago, nchuckle said:

Is the appointment system a standard requirement at all immigration offices now. I’ve recently returned from uk and need to extend my non O retirement visa at Korat this month and hoping to do it later this week. For some reason this is the first  at ive heard of this.

It's not even a requirement at CW. It's an option. 

As this thread is still on the first page I'll ask a related dumb question. Normally, once the extension is stamped I'd head over for the multiple reentry permit. Given the current situation I don't want to invest 3800b. as yet. So can I go back to CW maybe months later to get one? I didn't see it on the online appt. system though.

Or can one get it at the airport on the way out?

Can you say which section/counter at CW for the reentry permit?

3 minutes ago, Why Me said:

So can I go back to CW maybe months later to get one? I didn't see it on the online appt. system though.

You could get a single re-entry permit for 1000 baht in case you have to make a unexpected trip.

You can also get one at the airport on departure from the country.

16 minutes ago, Why Me said:

As this thread is still on the first page I'll ask a related dumb question. Normally, once the extension is stamped I'd head over for the multiple reentry permit. Given the current situation I don't want to invest 3800b. as yet. So can I go back to CW maybe months later to get one? I didn't see it on the online appt. system though.

Can you say which section/counter at CW for the reentry permit?

Prior to Covid I was flying out/in Thailand every month. I have never bothered with re-entry permit at immigration as CW was always so busy. The process at airport is SO simple and quick. Have your form filled out etc prior to going to airport. Be aware that at Swampy the permit is issued just prior to passport control and at DMK it's just on other side of passport control. 

If you leave form etc at home they will do everything for you. Think it's 200baht.

I could never get that re-entry permit reservation system to work. It pre-dates the current Div 1 Rez system.

That said, not too many people getting REEPs at CW these days.

I got one end Sep., took maybe 5 minutes. No one else queued.

9 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

When do plan to use it? Thinking airport would have been better option at a point in time when borders open without quarantine

At the time, my thinking was things were looking better, and maybe a trip in June, and here I am at CW (ext stay), and the re-entry counter is empty, and I had the TM8 filled out, and it would save the time at the airport, so why not. Maybe I wasted 1,000 THB?

30 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

At the time, my thinking was things were looking better, and maybe a trip in June, and here I am at CW (ext stay), and the re-entry counter is empty, and I had the TM8 filled out, and it would save the time at the airport, so why not. Maybe I wasted 1,000 THB?

Good that 1000 is not big money. No damage done. Sadly my thinking is we are not going anywhere soon.

I had some rocks thrown when I suggested no travel without quarantine for 2021, few months back.

Many ridiculed. The big golden bullet being vaccine. 

What a joke. That roll out of vaccine distant future. 

Archived