Blast from the Past - 60's, 70's, 80's Music (2021)

CharlieH

Love the song and the singer,jvs, powerful stuff. I gather the band, or rather the singer, were famous for their variety of styles.

Tippers- Garcia's solo in the above has to be one of the most moving he ever did.

Here he is with John Kahn again, really cooking. I guess the Persian heroin they both loved had kicked in.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, bannork said:

Love the song and the singer,jvs, powerful stuff. I gather the band, or rather the singer, were famous for their variety of styles.

Tippers- Garcia's solo in the above has to be one of the most moving he ever did.

Here he is with John Kahn again, really cooking. I guess the Persian heroin they both loved had kicked in.

Thanks,very nice.

Enjoy this also.

• Like 2

On 8/30/2021 at 6:01 PM, TooBigToFit said:

Watching the Netflix Series "The Get Down" about the beginning of rap/hip hop and all the other stuff that started in the late 70s in crumbling NYC, I learned about something I always wondered about. Where did that famous "It takes two to make a thing go right" sampling come from in the 80s songs. Doing a little search I found out and also where the "Yeah! Woo!" that goes with it most of the time.

Lyn Collins - "Think About It" 1972  

Woo! Yeah! includes James Brown's "Woo!" and Bobby Byrd's "Yeah!" voices

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBvXBNx0lqg

Caught the "Soul Train" signage in the vid and had almost forgotten that show.  Black musicians moved on to rap, unfortunately in my opinion.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bannork said:

Love Sinfield's lyrics

In my humble opinion overall Brits were much better lyricists than what we had in the U.S.  To wit:

King Crimson with the title track from their '69 In The Court Of The Crimson King debut.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, steven100 said:

Today I listened to   Demis Rousos    ( not sure if anyone knows his songs )

then Pavarotti & Barry White together - my first, my last, my everything .....     Absolutely brilliant,  real music   !!!

Yes,great singer.He has done so much for music but i do not think he was very well known in the US.

What a shame nearly all Jimi's material is banned from YouTube by his half sister.

The young generation need to hear his genius,

I'm doing my best, blaring his music over my fields, the cows love him, as do the banana trees, but I can't help feeling he needs to reach a wider audience.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, bannork said:

It was Rudolf Schenker's birthday yesterday. I got stung by a scorpion once. Put my boots on in the morning and the basterd was hiding in the left one, my favourite leg. Hurt all morning.

Scorpion!  Ha!  You're lucky it wasn't one of these, bannork.  "Hurt all morning week."  LOL

1656434371_7InchLongTakarp-03.thumb.jpg.4e37a02ca7da8a85fc710446b4ae0dbc.jpg

• Like 1

Ain't Nothin' To Get Excited About is an album of rock and roll songs recorded in '70 by the members of Procol Harum under the name Liquorice John Death. It was not released until 1997.  Here's the short number Brand New Cadillac.

Gary Brooker – vocals, piano

Robin Trower – guitar

Chris Copping – bass, organ

B.J. Wilson – drums

15 hours ago, bannork said:

It was Rudolf Schenker's birthday yesterday. I got stung by a scorpion once. Put my boots on in the morning and the basterd was hiding in the left one, my favourite leg. Hurt all morning.

Why is that your favourite leg?