Youtube problem.

NE1

Is anybody else having this problem . Since New Years eve when I try and watch a youtube video it come out like this. It looks like the text has moved halfway up the video.

I uninstalled Flash today and rebooted but the problem remains.

I also went into Youtube settings>>Playback and performance>> and unchecked all boxes apart from AV1 setting ( Auto recommended )

and still no change.....Running Chrome on a Mac if that is any help.

Screenshot 2021-01-02 at 08.09.34.png

phetphet , thanks for that , It looks like the complaint was from July this year , but I have watched YT just about everyday for years and I have never seen this before.

It appears on all videos .

I just wondered if it was a Flash uninstall thing and I need to install something else in its place?

Can you send a url of the video that appears normal , and I will see how it plays on my screen ?

Edited by NE1

19 minutes ago, NE1 said:

phetphet , thanks for that , It looks like the complaint was from July this year , but I have watched YT just about everyday for years and I have never seen this before.

I just wondered if it was a Flash uninstall thing and I need to install something else in its place?

Can you send a url of the video that appears normal , and I will see how it plays on my screen ?

YouTube hasn't used Flash in along time....

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, NE1 said:

This movie plays with the subtitles at the bottom.

i did read something yesterday about it being the end of Adobe Flash. Could it be something to do with that?

https://www.adobe.com/sea/products/flashplayer/end-of-life.html

Edited by phetphet

I noticed today that now YouTube on my old Windows Surface tablet switches automatically to m.youtube.com instead of www.youtube.com.

The user interface is different, and now it's faster. I don't know what else changed.

I don't know if that is what happened on your computer but it might be.

Hi again , thanks for your comments.

Onemorefarang.....I don't see m.youtube.

What I am seeing is the video on start up is lower down the screen .

Sometimes it covers the " subscribe , like , dislike , show more captions and sometimes they are on top like in my O.P.

There does not appear to be a pattern .

Instead of the video starting as normal , I get a 4 inch gap from the top of the page to the top of the movie , it is like the screen has slipped down. As it is lower the  " subscribe , like , dislike , show more " appear on the screen.

Screenshot 2021-01-02 at 10.21.53.png

Edited by NE1

18 minutes ago, NE1 said:

Hi again , thanks for your comments.

Onemorefarang.....I don't see m.youtube.

It seems that switches automatically depending on the device or maybe browser. YouTube (and any other website) detect which browser users use.

If I use YouTube on my Windows 10 desktop PC with a big screen and I enter youtube.com then it automatically uses www.youtube.com. If I enter youtube.com on my old Surface is switches to m.youtube.com.

Maybe there is a way to use one or the other on each device, I didn't test that.

But what I know it that until now long ago (maybe a week, maybe more) YouTube also used the www version on my Surface and now it's the mobile (m) version. And I am sure that happened not only on my Surface. This is why I mentioned it here.

1 hour ago, tomazbodner said:

No issues with any videos on Mac: OS: 10.15.7, Chrome: 87.0.4280.88 (Official Build) (x86_64).

That is what I have been on.

I tried it on Firefox and no problems whatsoever , 

I have returned to Chrome and the problem has gone.......

Gremlins maybe.

Anyway , thank you all for your input.

• Like 1