Are Visa's Required for US Citizens

You can enter visa exempt therefore, no need to get a visa just the COE, fit to fly, insurance ASQ etc.

Obviously depends how long you intend going for and how you intend tackling things if longer than possible on a visa exempt and extension to same.

1 minute ago, Tanoshi said:

You can enter Visa exempt if you can provide a return flight ticket out within 45 days.

If you intend to stay longer than 45 days you will need a Visa.

There has never been a requirement for a return flight. Only a ticket out of the country is needed. A one way ticket to anywhere would be accepted if needed.

I doubt very much the airlines will be enforcing the flight out to the country requirement for those with a certificates of entry.

Did you forget that a 30 day extension of a visa exempt entry is allowed.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

There has never been a requirement for a return flight. Only a ticket out of the country is needed. A one way ticket to anywhere would be accepted if needed.

I doubt very much the airlines will be enforcing the flight out to the country requirement for those with a certificates of entry.

It's already been reported on TVF that the Embassies won't issue a CofE if you have not obtained a Visa and intend to enter VE, they want to see a return flight out within 45 days if you intend to enter VE.

That was also confirmed by email to a friend in the UK who enquired.

It specifically stated 'a return flight ticket out within 45 days of arrival', no other options given.

30 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Did you forget that a 30 day extension of a visa exempt entry is allowed.

I haven't forgotten anything, but the Embassies think differently.

Why under normal circumstances do the airlines and Immigration require a ticket out of the Country within 30 days, when entering VE, are they not aware you can get a 30/60 day extension?

Edited by Tanoshi

35 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

It's already been reported on TVF that the Embassies won't issue a CofE if you have not obtained a Visa and intend to enter VE, they want to see a return flight out within 45 days if you intend to enter VE.

Where is one on this forum?

This embassy website does not mention flights at all. https://thaiembdc.org/visa_tourist_coe/

Also not on the COE application website. https://coethailand.mfa.go.th/

Just poor wording to use return flight in any case since a onward ticket is acceptable.

Airlines did not always ask for a ticket out of the country in every case and immigration seldom if ever asked to see one unless a had a lot of visa exempt entries.

I think the airlines that arriving now with passengers to here are not going to enforcing the flight out since people will have a COE as a preapproval for entry. Immigration certainly will not be enforcing it.

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Where is one on this forum?

If I choose visa exempt, would i need to send my passport to London Thai Embassy - Thai visas, residency and work permits - Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation

Member Scofield, that you replied to.

He had a return flight booked for 60 days after VE entry and they refused the COE unless he obtained a Visa. The Embassies aren't Immigration, but they are similarly aware you can extend a VE entry beyond 30 days.

Doesn't really matter what it does, or doesn't inform on the website, if they state they want to see a return flight ticket within 45 days if entering VE to issue the COE, there is little option other than apply for a Visa.

15 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Doesn't really matter what it does, or doesn't inform on the website, if they state they want to see a return flight ticket within 45 days if entering VE to issue the COE, there is little option other than apply for a Visa.

As I wrote before a onward ticket would be accepted. They were accepted before and I am sure they will still be accepted.

One option is still the temporary onward tickets that can be found online to meet the requirement.

It you look at COE application website it does not require a copy of a flight of the country.

21 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

Why under normal circumstances do the airlines and Immigration require a ticket out of the Country within 30 days, when entering VE, are they not aware you can get a 30/60 day extension?

An extension is not guaranteed so why should they presume you can get one. A flight can be rescheduled too. 

I assume that you are in the USA, so, instead of asking the question here in Thailand, why don't you contact the Thai Embassy in Washington, DC or one of the consulates (the consulate that is responsible for activities in your specific state?)  At least then, you should be able to get the correct answer from the 'horse's mouth.'

https://thaiembdc.org/notification/notificovidsituationinthailand/