14 checkpoints set up on routes from Bangkok to other provinces

rooster59

14 checkpoints set up on routes from Bangkok to other provinces

By THE NATION

800_7e080b41c30237a.jpg

Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) has ordered districts in the province to set up checkpoints on the routes that connect Bangkok to other provinces in a bid to curb the spread of Covid-19 during the New Year holidays.

BMA permanent secretary Silapasuay Raweesangsoon on Saturday named the 14 checkpoints to be established at the following locations:

1. In front of Big C, Chaeng Wattana Road, Laksi district

2. Warehouse Gate 7, Vibhavadi Rangsit Road, Don Muang district

3. Don Muang Tollway entrance, Don Muang district

4. Intersection under Maha Nakhon Expressway, Suwintawong Road, Nong Jok district

5. Near BTS Bearing station, Sukhumvit Road, Bangna district

6. In front of Interlink Tower (formerly Nation Tower), Bangna-Trad Road, Bangna district

7. Bangchak entrance of Burapha Withi Expressway, Phra Khanong district

8. In front of Toyota service centre, Ratchaphreuk Road, Taling Chan district

9. Phutthamonthon Sai 3 intersection, Borommaratchachonnani Road, Thawi Watthana district

135184537_3131665890266344_7050333943312988482_o(1).jpg

10. Under Bhumibol Bridge, Suksawat Road, Ratburana district

11. In front of PTT gas station, Rama II Road Soi 92, Bang Khuntian district

12. In front of Bangkok Local Museum, Liab Khlong Phitthayalongkorn Road, Bang Khuntian district

13. In front of Asia University, Phetkasem Road, Nong Khaem district

14. In front of Suksa Naree Wittaya School, Ekachai Road, Bang Bon district.

“The checkpoints will be set up from January 2 and will operate 24 hours a day. Travellers passing through the checkpoints must undergo Covid-19 screening procedures,” she added.

Related stories:

Bangkok orders closure of 25 types of venues to curb Covid-19 outbreak

One patient succumbs to Covid-19 while 216 new cases found

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30400594?utm_source=category&utm_medium=internal_referral

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2021-01-03

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) has ordered districts in the province to set up checkpoints on the routes that connect Bangkok to other provinces

they are just doing that N O W ??!! the people going back to the provinces left some time ago

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Tell everyone where the checkpoints are so they now know where to take an alternative route ? 

The longest and probably most well-known road in Thailand doesn't seem to have a checkpoint.

Two checkpoints in Don Meuang but nothing set-up for Phaholyothin Rd in Lamlukka/Saphan Mai area?

1 hour ago, Jeffr2 said:

Does anyone know about a rumor I heard?  Mandatory quarantine for those coming from the "red" provinces going into some provinces in Issan?

I wouldnt be surprised by that. A lady I know had planned to go to from Pattaya to Isaan a few days before Christmas. She was told that she would be expected to do isolation for 14 days so she cancelled the trip.  

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, potless said:

She was told that she would be expected to do isolation for 14 days so she cancelled the trip.

14 day Isolation in a Moo Barn in Issan----yer I am sure that will be strictly adhered to......:coffee1:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Orton Rd said:

'Screening' is likely just a temp check the same as going into the shops, so what is the point and what happens if you have a high temperature?

Plus, if you have covid but are asymptomatic, does that mean you won't have a high temperature?

(sorry if it's been answered already elsewhere)

3 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

Does anyone know about a rumor I heard?  Mandatory quarantine for those coming from the "red" provinces going into some provinces in Issan?

Read about Buriram in this link. That could be the one you heard about. I suspect that others could be following suit soon.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

Read about Buriram in this link. That could be the one you heard about. I suspect that others could be following suit soon.

That was it!  I guess more than just a rumor.  Thanks!!

Seems like a national lock down will be here shortly....

8 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

I haven't heard anything of this nature, but I sincerely hope it is true. The authorities should ban travelling from one province to another and any travelling from red zones. They should have done it 10 days ago and the numbers would be half by now and probably 10% of what they will be in 10 to 14 days. What a pity.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Plus, if you have covid but are asymptomatic, does that mean you won't have a high temperature?

Exactly, temp ok sir, no problems go on through, even though as you say could be asymptomatic. Just catches those daft enough to go travelling if they have fever. If I had a fever the last thing I'd feel like doing is to go out, I'd want to be at home.

9 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Temp checks are security theatre, of no value whatsoever. If you're Covid+ & spike a temp, it's too late for the rest of us you've already infected.