Vets, is it law not to put an animal down in pain?

For weeks I have just had to watch my dog die in pain, unable to stand or move (to painful) and lay in its own mess, she had a tumor that opened up with blood oozing out, the vet would not operate, becoz she might die, and refused to put her down. She has now thankfully passed away. ????

• Sad 1

Only on personal experience, could be a coincidence, but I doubt it.

I have had 2 dogs that were taken to the same vet, both instances the dogs were in need of "help" the Vet gave me some medicine for them and on both occasions the dog was dead the next morning. Make of that what you will.

• Like 2

Its hard to find a vet that will put a dog down. My dog is now 15 years cannot walk much. Thankfully he is not in pain. But i would hate to see him in pain. I dread that I hope he will just close his eyes and die while he sleeps.

My other dog was suffering and the vets would not kill it in the end i got some xanax and gave it to the dog to calm it down a bit (after research) it helped a bit and her passing was a bit better. But its really bad. I don't understand the vets. 

But have to accept its a cultural thing.

• Like 1

I did not know this was the case here with terminally ill pets.

I have a dog and if it became too ill and in pain with the vet refusing to assist in ending its misery, I think I would do it myself, using over the counter drugs via injection.

• 3 weeks later...