Pub in Bangkok closed as owner tests positive for Covid-19

rooster59

Pub in Bangkok closed as owner tests positive for Covid-19

By The Nation

800_db1b698c80794c9.jpg

The owner of Memory 90's, a pub on Lasalle Road in Bangkok's Bangna district, said he was infected with Covid-19.

In a Facebook post on Saturday, he said that the restaurant was being closed, while employees were instructed to undergo 14 days of quarantine.

"My Covid-19 test showed positive in the morning and I don't know which customer spread the virus, so I would like to ask customers who visited the pub from December 21-31 to undergo self-quarantine and monitor their health," he said.

He added that the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration would announce his case on Sunday.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30400617?utm_source=category&utm_medium=internal_referral

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2021-01-03

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Caldera said:

Leaving aside that he's blaming a mystery customer for infecting him, I'd say kudos to him for making his infection public, so that others who have been there can get tested.

Good point!

18 minutes ago, 2long said:

Well, I can surely see all those patrons for the 11 nights mentioned happily quarantining themselves for the next fortnight to selflessly protect the community. Like when Thais park a car or motorbike and block others in so they can walk a shorter distance to 7Eleven, or play loud music, or numerous other things.

I would bet than less than 2% of those who actually find out that they were in the pub on those nights will quarantine for 14 days.

How many percent of the foreigners do you think would self quarantine ? 

• Like 1

The whole self quarantine is of course a farce. Nobody foreigners or Thais are willing to do that. I might as i work from home. But if you have a job you loose income plus not going out for 14 days is a punishment too.

I get it that its the only way but not many would be willing to do it. They should test the people in that went to the pub but i doubt they can trace them. 

4 hours ago, GeorgeCross said:

is he actually blaming his customers for giving him the virus!!

take some personal responsibility man.

Well he definitely caught it from someone, odds are it was one of his customers, the 100's of people he meets on a daily basis.