Long Term Health Insurance

Hi,

I remember reading a while ago something to do with having access to Thai health insurance once you complete a full year teaching.... but that's about all i know.

What's it all about and how does it work?  Can you stay in the system the rest of your life or only to a certain age like 70?

Ask your employer. You can, and must,  in most cases be enrolled in the Thai social security system. After 3 months you qualify for health care under that system. When losing your job you can continue paying into the social security system and thus continue the health insurance. (To enter you must be under 60 years of age).

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/4/2021 at 8:23 AM, Preacher said:

Ask your employer. You can, and must,  in most cases be enrolled in the Thai social security system. After 3 months you qualify for health care under that system. When losing your job you can continue paying into the social security system and thus continue the health insurance. (To enter you must be under 60 years of age).

Thanks,

Currently not employed.  Only worked at one school in Thailand and was issued medical insurance through BUPA.  I assume that doesn't get you entry into the broader Thai government health program.

So to enter the regular health program you must be under 60... no problem there.

Question....

Once you have government insurance is it available for life?  Or only up to a certain age?

30 minutes ago, Jaymatheson said:

Thanks,

Currently not employed.  Only worked at one school in Thailand and was issued medical insurance through BUPA.  I assume that doesn't get you entry into the broader Thai government health program.

So to enter the regular health program you must be under 60... no problem there.

Question....

Once you have government insurance is it available for life?  Or only up to a certain age?

Not being employed will get you nowhere. Believe the insurence ends at age 70, but not sure.