Toxic haze hits 17 areas in Bangkok and its vicinity

webfact

Toxic haze hits 17 areas in Bangkok and its vicinity

By The Nation

800_d49453e5c789093.jpg?v=1609731488

Air pollution in 17 areas around Bangkok and its vicinity hit unsafe levels on Monday morning with PM2.5 readings coming in at 34 to 60 micrograms per cubic metre (μg/m3), the Pollution Control Department reported.

Thailand’s standard for safe levels of PM2.5 (particles less than 2.5 micrometres in diameter) is 50μg/m3.

The 17 areas are:

1. Kanchanaphisek Road, Bang Khun Thian district (52μg/m3)

2. Rama IV Road, Pathumwan district (52μg/m3)

3. Lat Phrao-Chokchai 4 Road, Wang Thonglang district (60μg/m3)

4. Din Daeng Road, Din Daeng district (57μg/m3)

5. Rama III Road, Yannawa district (51μg/m3)

6. Sukhaphiban 5 Road, Sai Mai district (57μg/m3)

7. Nawamin Road, Bang Kapi intersection (52μg/m3)

8. Sihaburanukit Road, Minburi (54μg/m3)

9. Liabwaree Road, Nong Chok district (51μg/m3)

10. Hiran Ruchi subdistrict, Thonburi district (51μg/m3)

11. Paknam subdistrict, Muang district, Samut Prakarn province (52μg/m3)

12. Mahachai subdistrict, Muang district, Samut Sakhon province (54μg/m3)

13. Suan Siam-Ram-Indra intersection, Khan Na Yao district (55μg/m3)

14. Klong Toei subdistrict, Klong Toei district (52μg/m3)

15. Lat Phrao district (52μg/m3)

16. Khlong Kum subdistrict, Bueng Kum district (53μg/m3)

17. Klong Sam Wa district (54μg/m3)

People in areas where PM2.5 pollution is bad have been advised to monitor their health and reduce time spent on outdoor activities, especially the elderly, children, and patients with respiratory diseases.

The PM2.5 situation can be followed via the Air4Thai.com website or smartphone app, or via bangkokairquality.com.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30400646

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2021-01-04

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

fake numbers? 

I suspect that they're trying to make things look better than they really are by using 24 hour average values - rather like the way they set the "safe" limit at double the WHO standard.

7 hours ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

fake numbers?

There might be a 'super polluter' nearby?

By the way Bangkok is not 'too bad', if you

compare it with the North.

image.png.06afb44edb18744b5e5abc10ab8d3315.png   image.png.49a1c40ca87e9a87ed18b51d0d2a1f55.png   

***********  same scale  *********

• Sad 2

14 hours ago, webfact said:

Air pollution in 17 areas around Bangkok and its vicinity hit unsafe levels on Monday morning with PM2.5 readings coming in at 34 to 60 micrograms per cubic metre (μg/m3), the Pollution Control Department reported.

this is not NEWS as far as thailand - especially towns like bkk or chiangmai - is concerned!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

I really don't know how any government can allow its citizens to breathe this sh!t, the same with Chiang Mai & Chiang Rai, utterly disgusting and disgraceful.

But then this plastic government has never been good at anything other than telling lies & filling their pockets.

I agree with you. I live in CM and we have the pollution 'season'.  Last few years escaped it, but this year stuck here due to covid travel is difficult and risky.

But you can't only blame this government as all the past ones did nothing to combat the pollution either. Seems that Thai people are happy to breath in toxic smoke and get sick from it. Shane they don't get as worked up about it as the virus which is probably less harmful to the general population that the air pollution.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

I agree with you. I live in CM and we have the pollution 'season'.  Last few years escaped it, but this year stuck here due to covid travel is difficult and risky.

But you can't only blame this government as all the past ones did nothing to combat the pollution either. Seems that Thai people are happy to breath in toxic smoke and get sick from it. Shane they don't get as worked up about it as the virus which is probably less harmful to the general population that the air pollution.

I agree with what you say about previous administrations, but I thought a couple of Cha Cha's priorities were corruption and pollution. I could be wrong I often am ???? I do feel for you guys up there though, such a lovely part of the world.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1