Half a million vehicles headed back to Bangkok Sat/Sun - Covid screening caused delays

webfact

Half a million vehicles headed back to Bangkok Sat/Sun - Covid screening caused delays

8pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

The head of the Highways Department police Pol Maj-Gen Ekkarat Limsangat said that half a million vehicles travelled back to Bangkok on Saturday night until Sunday morning.

Most used Phahonyothin and Mittraphap Highways though Route 304 (Kabinburi to Pak Thong Chai) had big tailbacks. 

He expected more to travel back through Sunday but was confident it wouldn't be as many as most people seemed to have returned to the capital early. 

He admitted that Covid-19 screening in some areas had caused tailbacks and jams. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-01-04

As a guy who likes pretty clean air, I would pick either Jomtien Beach Pattaya, Hua Hin,

or if I was rich and crazy Phuket.  I stay in Bangkok about 3 to 5 days to visit my

Thai relatives then escape to clean air for the rest of my holidays.

Next year  hope I can do that again.

Geezer

On 1/4/2021 at 4:43 PM, natway09 said:

Yup, free transport for Covid Well done Thailand

Should have locked down before Christmas.  Likely the government was concerned it would <deleted> people off too much.  Will be heading down the US/UK route now unless things get very strict very quickly.