How is Chumphon affected by the New and latest Covid -19 restrictions

Felt 35

I allow me to ask if there currently are any restrictions coming into Chumpon (by car) staying a couple of nights in our very much liked hotel in town and returning. I mean to have seen something from TAT about quarantine even for domestic tourist but cant find the link now!

Thanks

Felt

Where would you be travelling from? 

Although Chumphon hasn't recorded any cases, it has been placed with the Red Zone highly controlled areas, so interprovincial travel is currently 'discouraged'. 

Eq3VLbeUUAI9nQy.jpg

Edited by Stocky

Thanks for replying. Coming up from Phuket and initially was thinking two nights in Chumphon then heading to Hua Hin for a couple of days but seems Hua Hin also are in red zone so most likely ending up delaying the trip until later.

Felt

I live in Chumphon, out of the city. Till yesterday evening I did not see anything else as I saw before. Everything was open as usual and also didn't hear about a quarantine. Chumphon is 'red zone' because it has borders with a high infected province and with Myanmar, not because a high number of infections.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/28/2021 at 9:25 PM, In the jungle said:

I live near Chumphon and honestly things are not much different to pre Covid times.

Facemasks are worn but not universally, temp checks and sanitiser.  Other than that things are fairly normal.

Thanks for replying. Been there already and Chumpon never let us down. ????

Felt

On 1/28/2021 at 9:25 PM, In the jungle said:

I live near Chumphon and honestly things are not much different to pre Covid times.

Facemasks are worn but not universally, temp checks and sanitiser.  Other than that things are fairly normal.

I beg to differ. Driving down today was easy. Not the usual insane traffic, coming from Bangkok.

We were stunned how many shops along the road were shut. Had to call several hotels to find one open.

It's nothing like a year ago.

• 8 months later...

Old topic but still actual. Want to go again soon so allow me to ask if someone of the Chumphon locals can advice on necessary precautions, check points, Covid-19 tests etc. for entrance into town. Btw, fully vaccinated.

Thanks

Felt.

Travelling from Phuket again?

Chumphon is a red zone, Phuket is orange so you're not coming from a dark red zone. I don't think you'll have any problems, particularly if you're fully jabbed. 

10 hours ago, Stocky said:

Travelling from Phuket again?

Chumphon is a red zone, Phuket is orange so you're not coming from a dark red zone. I don't think you'll have any problems, particularly if you're fully jabbed. 

Yes , Thanks.

Felt