New Skytrain station opens between Chong Nonsi and Surasak next month

rooster59

New Skytrain station opens between Chong Nonsi and Surasak next month

800_5e3e60fd5519f6b.jpg

Suksa Witthaya BTS station will open in February, filling the gap on the Silom line (Green line) between Chong Nonsi and Surasak, the Skytrain operator said on Friday. 

Bangkok Mass Transit System (BTSC) expects 5,000 more passengers per day when the Green line’s 60th station opens in the busy Sathorn area. The infill station should also cut traffic and pollution problems in Sathorn while reducing crowding at Chong Nonsi and Surasak stations, said BTSC president Surapong Laohha-Anya. 

Also expected to benefit from the new station are the Life@Sathorn 10 condominium, the AIA Sathorn Tower, UOB headquarters, Sathorn Robot Building, SAthorn Square and Empire Tower.

Suksa Witthaya station is located in front of Sathorn Soi 12 near the UOB headquarters.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30400941?utm_source=category&utm_medium=internal_referral

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2021-01-09

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

More Stations popping up.

Yes...the distance between those stations is not really that great but in hot and rainy season...a welcome stop. I like that area a lot...from Surasak to Chong Nonsi is somewhat quiet with lots of good places to eat. If I had to relocate someday...not a bad stop to be near

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, tonray said:

Yes...the distance between those stations is not really that great but in hot and rainy season...a welcome stop. I like that area a lot...from Surasak to Chong Nonsi is somewhat quiet with lots of good places to eat. If I had to relocate someday...not a bad stop to be near

Exactly, Hoping they get some more stops on the other side of the river opened as well.  Looking at possibly Moving to The River in the future.  I like the Sathon Area, and do enjoy spending time over on the other side near Icon Siam.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Exactly, Hoping they get some more stops on the other side of the river opened as well.  Looking at possibly Moving to The River in the future.  I like the Sathon Area, and do enjoy spending time over on the other side near Icon Siam.

I lived in the Thonburi side for more than 3 years..highly recommended. A different world in a way but close enough to everything so you're not isolated.

4 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

I've always wanted to explore that area, but getting there was too difficult.  This new extension will be great!!