90 day Non-O Visa (marriage) needs renewing soon - unsure of requirements

Hi there, very happy if someone could help me with my two part question.

1) I'm currently living in Hua Hin, and my existing 90 day Non-O visa expires on 21st - what documents and money do I need to prepare for renewal, and how long can I realistically expect to be given?

2) Once I get a work permit, is it the employer's responsibility to get me further visa extensions (and what kind of visas are those, Non-B?), or would I be better off trying to organise a one year spouse visa?

Many thanks in advance...

1. You can a apply for a one year extension of stay (it is not a visa) based upon marriage. You will need 400k baht in Thai bank for two  months or proof of 40k baht income. My general list of requirements is here. Marriage Extension Requirements 2.pdf

Or you can apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife. No financial proof is required. Your wife will need to be with you when you apply. Marriage certificate and a copy of it. Copies of your wife's house book registry and ID card. Some offices may want a updated print out of your Kor Ror 2 marriage registry that can be requested at any Amphoe.

2. You can get a work permit and work with a non-o visa entry or a extension of stay based upon marriage.

Or you could also get a one year extension of stay based upon working with the non-o visa entry. In that case your employer would have to supply all the supporting documents.

Archived