Thai News Of The Future

rainman

This morning, a farang friend called me and told me that his wife went to see a 'sorceress' and apparently was able to tell her many things. She was even able to tell her that she was married to a farang husband. That catched my attention, so I decided to give this 'sorceress' a visit as well. After paying the fee to the oracle to let me catch a glimpse into the future, I was able to see the news of the future. She made me promise not to tell anyone, but I just can't keep my mouth shut on this. I tried to remember as many as I could, so here they are for now.

- Ministry of Information gets blocked from accessing the internet, blames Thaksin.

- Government raids and closes Nana Plaza and Soi Cowboy, declares Thailand "prostitution free". Thousands of prostitutes reportedly without a place to work.

- Man arrested at Suvarnabhumi, reportedly accessed YouTube while overseas.

- Government concerned about the sudden and unexplained rise in street prostitution.

- Imported alcohol banned completely, in attempt to decrease the number of drunk drivers. Only sale of alcohol produced in Thailand is allowed.

- CNN broadcasts statement of man arrested at Suvarnabhumi, saying he used YouTube to upload family vacation videos.

- Government says farangs should wear 'special armband' to better distinguish them from Thais.

- Ministry of Information employee, speaking under the condition of anonymity, says Ministry may have accidentally blocked themselves from the internet.

- Car crash kills 7, both cars completely destroyed in fire. Witness saves two Singha beer bottles from burning vehicle.

- Government announces it has banned CNN, for allegedly mentioning the word 'YouTube'.

Perhaps I will pay the 'sorceress' another visit soon ...

Edited by rainman

This morning, a farang friend called me and told me that his wife went to see a 'sorceress' and apparently was able to tell her many things. She was even able to tell her that she was married to a farang husband. That catched my attention, so I decided to give this 'sorceress' a visit as well. After paying the fee to the oracle to let me catch a glimpse into the future, I was able to see the news of the future. She made me promise not to tell anyone, but I just can't keep my mouth shut on this. I tried to remember as many as I could, so here they are for now.

- Ministry of Information gets blocked from accessing the internet, blames Thaksin.

- Government raids and closes Nana Plaza and Soi Cowboy, declares Thailand "prostitution free". Thousands of prostitutes reportedly without a place to work.

- Man arrested at Suvarnabhumi, reportedly accessed YouTube while overseas.

- Government concerned about the sudden and unexplained rise in street prostitution.

- Imported alcohol banned completely, in attempt to decrease the number of drunk drivers. Only sale of alcohol produced in Thailand is allowed.

- CNN broadcasts statement of man arrested at Suvarnabhumi, saying he used YouTube to upload family vacation videos.

- Government says farangs should wear 'special armband' to better distinguish them from Thais.

- Ministry of Information employee, speaking under the condition of anonymity, says Ministry may have accidentally blocked themselves from the internet.

- Car crash kills 7, both cars completely destroyed in fire. Witness saves two Singha beer bottles from burning vehicle.

- Government announces it has banned CNN, for allegedly mentioning the word 'YouTube'.

Perhaps I will pay the 'sorceress' another visit soon ...

this would be better off in the jokes forum ,better than any joke this week :o

this would be better off in the jokes forum ,better than any joke this week :o

Someday in the future, what we used to think was a joke, may become reality :D

Maybe not as bad as this wizard of Oz predicted, but something like that :D

• 3 months later...

Former ThaiRakThai members resettle happily in the UK with hopes of becoming UK citizens in two years

Old Electric train tracks from MorChit to Don Meaung are finally demolished

Ban on foam food containers and plastic spoons in Thailand making a difference

Gov't fund offers loans for new vehicle purchase to van and taxi drivers keeping hazardous vehicles off the roads

New law requires all personal vehicles registered to homes in Bangkok to be NGV,LPG, HyBrid or electric.

Gov't purchases sites around Bangkok for new open space plan. Twenty new parks to be created.

New Green line projects are hailed a success. Now you can walk or bicycle from Bangkok to Ayuttaya without encountering cars

Visa Free Work and Travel, Civilization's greatest creation?

-Open Visa project with other nations has given Thais and foreigners great hope, freedom, and opportunity.

Share or Fare ride project sees more willing to share than pay the fare.

Metro Zoning laws allow many to sleep soundly for first time in their lives

Big Businesses lose out as Gov't requires all provincial bus refreshments to be purchased from businesses at their provincial destinations. A small Thai pastry shop owner in RoiEt tells of the impact the change has had on her life.

Of course these could come true!