Best Online Thai Course?

TIT

Hi, Ive done some Thai language courses up to level 3 speaking and am at a level where i can get by on the street but thats about it. I dont have the time to commit to a school course at present and was thinking about doing an online course instead. Ive had a look at the one on Thai visa but i dont like the phonetics they use. Does anyone have suggestions/experiences of other courses worth looking at. Any info is appreciated. T.I.T.

Hi, Ive done some Thai language courses up to level 3 speaking and am at a level where i can get by on the street but thats about it. I dont have the time to commit to a school course at present and was thinking about doing an online course instead. Ive had a look at the one on Thai visa but i dont like the phonetics they use. Does anyone have suggestions/experiences of other courses worth looking at. Any info is appreciated. T.I.T.

Try this one - it is quite good and the person running it has a interesting story

http://www.learningthai.com

CB

• 4 years later...

NEW TIP :rolleyes: Best online Thai course!

A remarkable new online course has just been launched. Learn Speak Thai Online is offering beginner and intermediate online courses in Thai and Isaan Thai. The online lessons have clickable audio text and slide shows and there are 100's of audio flash card and matching words games to help your learning along. No need to use a dictionary because of colourcoded words. Big clear tonemarks so you see and hear at the same time. Cristal clear audio At the moment they're offering about 100 free lessons and games, no sign up or purchase necessary. Worth checking out!

www.LearnSpeakThaiOnline.com

A remarkable new online course has just been launched. Learn Speak Thai Online is offering beginner and intermediate online courses in Thai and Isaan Thai. The online lessons have clickable audio text and slide shows and there are 100's of audio flash card and matching words games to help your learning along. No need to use a dictionary because of colourcoded words. Big clear tonemarks so you see and hear at the same time. Cristal clear audio At the moment they're offering about 100 free lessons and games, no sign up or purchase necessary. Worth checking out!

Promises free lessons on site, however needs registration and once you have registered the free material is not available. Option to buy at "half price" which is still very expensive compared to printed books available.

This post looks like just a teaser to get people to register.....

Promises free lessons on site, however needs registration and once you have registered the free material is not available. Option to buy at "half price" which is still very expensive compared to printed books available.

It seems there are lessons...though short available from the front page without registration.

... It seems there are lessons...though short available from the front page without registration.

actually chapter 3 "Greetings" still free http://www.learnspea...er/11/greetings

Look's not bad, possibly enjoyable learning through "Matching" and "Flash Cards" games.

But for example Lesson 2 of 56, Tone Practice:The tones should be titled "Mid Low Falling High Rising", not "Mid Low Falling High High".

post-99474-0-55428700-1321147857_thumb.p

I think that's a very charitable way to put it. They've even tried to hijack threads about other teaching websites with their own spam.

They seem to believe that "All publicity is good publicity". Which, sadly, is often true.