lenovo computer,,slow

HAPPYNUFF

Similar  to Giddyup, posted  6th Jan,, my   computer is   so slow , both  to  start,  and   search..Its a Lenovo Ideapad 330S model.

I  am    not too switched on  with   computers,  just a basic user,   so have no idea  what     speed   or whatever its using. I regularly    delete old  messages, clear history etc.

I  do however  know of two other  guys who have  the same make, but not same model, Lenovo  computer, they

also   complain of   the same problem

Some weeks ago,   there was a query  about start up speeds,  and  many  replies as to how to fix this,

I have searched the forum  but can no longer find that entry,, can     you guys advise me,  many thanks.

One problem with all Windows computers are the regular updates.

You can install them manually or they are installed automatically - sometimes with some delay.

If your computer wants to install these updates it will do it. And that will slow down the computer. And sometimes it slows it down a lot.

If you didn't do it already try the following: Open your PC, don't do anything, and let the computer do whatever it wants - like installing updates. Just make sure it doesn't go to sleep mode or switches off.

Mabey you will be prompted to restart the PC, maybe multiple times. Let the computer do that even if it takes hours.

After that, and maybe many hours, the computer might be fine again.

This is obviously not the only reason why a PC might be slow. But it's a very common issue. And letting Windows do it's thing and waiting for a few hours solves this problem in many cases.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

One problem with all Windows computers are the regular updates.

You can install them manually or they are installed automatically - sometimes with some delay.

If your computer wants to install these updates it will do it. And that will slow down the computer. And sometimes it slows it down a lot.

If you didn't do it already try the following: Open your PC, don't do anything, and let the computer do whatever it wants - like installing updates. Just make sure it doesn't go to sleep mode or switches off.

Mabey you will be prompted to restart the PC, maybe multiple times. Let the computer do that even if it takes hours.

After that, and maybe many hours, the computer might be fine again.

This is obviously not the only reason why a PC might be slow. But it's a very common issue. And letting Windows do it's thing and waiting for a few hours solves this problem in many cases.

...or fit an SSD. There is little reason as to why updates should take that long...other than when utilising slow spinning disk storage.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HAPPYNUFF said:

Similar  to Giddyup, posted  6th Jan,, my   computer is   so slow , both  to  start,  and   search..Its a Lenovo Ideapad 330S model.

I  am    not too switched on  with   computers,  just a basic user,   so have no idea  what     speed   or whatever its using. I regularly    delete old  messages, clear history etc.

I  do however  know of two other  guys who have  the same make, but not same model, Lenovo  computer, they

also   complain of   the same problem

Some weeks ago,   there was a query  about start up speeds,  and  many  replies as to how to fix this,

I have searched the forum  but can no longer find that entry,, can     you guys advise me,  many thanks.

There is a program that Lenovo provide with their computers, and it's called, "Lenovo Vantage" and it is designed to keep the computer running efficiently, and also has a program or two which can get rid of junk files et cetera.

If you don't have it, try and download it from the Lenovo site and see if it improves your situation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1