Call forwarding

Disinto

Hi guys,

Experiencing a weird issue here: I keep on receiving calls from unknown people, who claim they called me on another number.

When I call that number, it rings my phone, which means that the owner of the number has activated call forwarding towards my mobile number.

I have no clue why that person would do that, and it really starts getting on my nerves.

I went to TrueMove to ask them to resolve the situation (that guy and I are both on TrueMove) and they said they wouldn't do anything without a police report.

I am understandably quite lazy to go to the police station just for this... Any other workaround to deactivate this call forwarding? I have already activated call filtering on my iPhone but this isn't a long-term solution.

Thanks!

14 minutes ago, Disinto said:

Hi guys,

Experiencing a weird issue here: I keep on receiving calls from unknown people, who claim they called me on another number.

When I call that number, it rings my phone, which means that the owner of the number has activated call forwarding towards my mobile number.

I have no clue why that person would do that, and it really starts getting on my nerves.

I went to TrueMove to ask them to resolve the situation (that guy and I are both on TrueMove) and they said they wouldn't do anything without a police report.

I am understandably quite lazy to go to the police station just for this... Any other workaround to deactivate this call forwarding? I have already activated call filtering on my iPhone but this isn't a long-term solution.

Thanks!

I have had many of these calls in the past, just 2 this week. If someone rings me and when I answer they ring off, I never ring them back. If you google 'who rang me or who called me' it may come up with the number and it might indicate that it is a problem with other people too.

But I have a blacklist facility on my phone and I put the pesky calls in there.

Edited by vogie
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/13/2021 at 10:51 PM, Disinto said:

Hi guys,

Thanks!

Quite bizarre indeed.  It could be that the owner of the other number has fat-fingered your number by mistake instead of another similar number, and it might take him some time to start wondering why he has stopped getting any calls lately...

Not really sure what you can do other than the aforementioned police action.  

On 1/14/2021 at 10:51 AM, Disinto said:

I am understandably quite lazy to go to the police station just for this...

Is there a law against forwarding calls to somebody else's number? I don't think the police would do anything.

Ask the person who is calling you for the name of the person who they wanted to call, maybe you can contact this person through Facebook.

I'd raise the issue with your mobile provider.

I think all three major providers here allow customers to configure their own Call Divert (all calls, on busy, no answer) with a prefix code and a 10 digit number.

Maybe someone entered the call forwarding number incorrectly, adding your number by accident?

Again, your provider should be able to sort this out in a jiffy. Can't see the police being of much help?

It's also quite easy to block numbers now, at least it is in Android. In Call History long press on the number that called you, choose Block/Report Spam.

Edited by mtls2005

You said you know the number of that person now.  Have you tried to text him?  (obviously calling will not help as the call will forward back to you ????)  You can also figure out his mobile provider and contact the provider explaining the issue and let the provider communicate with that person.