Travel Insurance For Thai Gf Any Suggestions

hi

i finally got my gf a visa to visit canada (no easy feat i tell you)

so we are off soon but i was thinking i should get her travel ins in case.

has anyone bought ins for their gf when going overseas and any suggestions where to buy it?

thanks

k

I'm taking my wife to the USA and have thought about the same thing. I'd buy worldnomads for her, lonely planet reccomend it and it is underwritten by Allianz, I have used it myself for Thialand and it is pretty cheap, you can also take out the policy after arriving overseas.

thanks everyone for the tips.

need to get something tonight or tomorrow as our flight is sunday - though i see one commant above about being able to buy even once back in NA, but i would like to get it done now if possible

k

hi

i finally got my gf a visa to visit canada (no easy feat i tell you)

so we are off soon but i was thinking i should get her travel ins in case.

has anyone bought ins for their gf when going overseas and any suggestions where to buy it?

thanks

k

in the end I went with nomads. it was easy to do right from home and not a bad price. seem to be good comments online as well, the little bit that i looked.

i did call the LMG but the person who answered said the office was closed (fri evg so understandable) and they had no info (regrettable). i asked if they knew where i could find an agent that i could go see on saturday but they did not know that either, so i had to drop them from consideration. i also looked quickly at the website to see if there was a way to purch online but there was not so...

i cant say that they dont provide good service, just we booked a last minute flight and they are not set up to provide fast service. online is the way to go.

for others considering insurance - no comment on WN service but if you need to get some fast, then this works. took 10 minutes online to register and buy.

you can use promo code STPJMS to get 5% off.

there's a machine at the check-in terminal to buy travel insurances. no idea though how reliable a machine-bought service is ...