Covid: Large outbreaks in Thailand on the wane - warnings about workplace/ public place infections

rooster59

Covid: Large outbreaks in Thailand on the wane - warnings about workplace/ public place infections

covid.JPG

Image: Daily News

In a Covid-19 briefing Dr Thaweesap Siraprphasiri suggested that Thais should look at the situation in Malaysia and Myanmar.

Malaysia had experienced a clear and extensive second wave of infection and there were 3,300 new daily cases reported. The country is under travel restrictions and lockdowns in most places.

In Myanmar there were 600-1000 new infections. 

On Friday, Thailand reported 188 - 154 infected domestically and 34 from outside, while no new deaths had been reported.

On Saturday, one new fatality was reported, along with 230 new infections. 

In a Daily News report it was suggested that large scale outbreaks in Thailand were now probably over but smaller outbreaks were being reported in areas like workplaces and in public areas. 

In referencing the widespread infection in neighboring countries Dr Thaweesap urged people in Thailand to continue protecting themselves against the virus.

*Post updated with COVID-19 stats from Saturday. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-01-16

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tropicalevo said:

A feeble attempt to 'pat their own back'.

So look at other countries, and then come back and explain what Thailand done wrong? Why do you not consider them worthy a pat on the back?

If you not feel happy being very well protected and taken care of here, feel free to live in another Covid-19 infested country.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

2 minutes ago, Dagfinnur Traustason said:

Nah, you are far too boring for that. Take the school option instead. So, off you go and don´t forget to D..D..D...D..D...lock the door on your way out. ????

Kid, you got me....your game is so weak and predictable, its hard to come back to that...

374 new Covid-19 cases, mostly from proactive testing in Samut Sakhon

National

Jan 17. 2021

https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30401365?utm_source=homepage&utm_medium=internal_referral

Well the numbers shot up today - The problem is a lack of testing. When they actively go out and look for it, they are finding it in surprisingly large numbers.

When they aren't actively looking for it, the numbers dwindle. Pretty sure 1+1=2 - No tests, no cases. Test for it and you'll find cases.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Dagfinnur Traustason said:

So look at other countries, and then come back and explain what Thailand done wrong? Why do you not consider them worthy a pat on the back?

If you not feel happy being very well protected and taken care of here, feel free to live in another Covid-19 infested country.

ErrorToVcAEPr4R.jpg

6 minutes ago, Dagfinnur Traustason said:

And with that you mean?

Just like a heads up. You will probably have to change your nick in the forum later. As of today meatball is considered a slur to the gay community. Soon it will be impossible with Meat Pie too.

You quoted this .....If you not feel happy being very well protected and taken care of here, feel free to live in another Covid-19 infested country.

Not every western country is covid infested get your facts right and be lucky I have not

reported you for your nasty comment.

1 hour ago, Dagfinnur Traustason said:

Kid? You must know much more than I thought? Just continue to spout you nonsense. You have a talent.

That's it? That's all you got, Kid?

You won't last on Thai Visa, Newbie...you got nothing worth responding to...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Meat Pie 47 said:

You quoted this .....If you not feel happy being very well protected and taken care of here, feel free to live in another Covid-19 infested country.

Not every western country is covid infested get your facts right and be lucky I have not

reported you for your nasty comment.

Wher is the nasty comment? I gave you a heads up. I is standing in todays news, and I thought you might be in the risk zone. ????

As for what do you mean. I wonder what you mean in your initial twisting of my words, that I originally replied to. I posted:

21 hours ago, Dagfinnur Traustason said:

10 hours ago, DLock said:

You didn't just say "If you don't like it, leave"?

It's been such a long time since I heard that 3rd grade comment.

You do know, that If you don´t like it, leave, is to be considered as an order or telling someone what to do, right?

Feel free to live in another......, is giving someone an idea and not to be compared with what you tried to make it look and sound like.

2 hours ago, 2530Ubon said:

I'm quite partial to a meat pie - I have one in the oven now. Served with mash and mushroom pepper gravy. No veggies. Delicious.

I don't see how it's a gay slur, but then again this is 2021, finding something to be upset about is a common pastime for younger folks these days.

I was drawing a parallell with todays news about meatball. If you missed that, you will not understand. Personally, I have nothing against neither meatballs nor meat pie. I see it as big B.S.

The worst thing about the Corona virus, is that in most countries, most of the population

do not have big spacious houses, to isolate a family member if they get sick.

In a hot country, maybe an extra room could be made available somewhere in the house, but

it would have to have its own washroom or bathroom that only the sick person uses. Otherwise it 

is pretty hard for all the people to get through the 10 days or more without more members 

getting sick as well.  I think that is part of the reason the the European or UK places have

such a problem.  The actions of everyone is also part of the problem. People do not have

to have gatherings, or parties or other get togethers. People have to stop passing this

virus on, so stay apart, be cautious wear your masks, and maybe less people will get sick

and die from this virus, or a newer strain of this virus..  Good Luck everyone.

Geezer

• Like 1