Beware of apps having similar names as govt campaign, ministry warns

webfact

Beware of apps having similar names as govt campaign, ministry warns

By THE NATION

800_628992b0dacd349.jpg?v=1610938478

The Ministry of Finance has warned people not to download the “RaoChana” mobile application.

Kulaya Tantitemit, Fiscal Policy Office acting director and the ministry’s spokeswoman, said that the “RaoChana” mobile application is not related to the government’s monthly cash handout campaign which has the same name.

The “RaoChana” (We Win) campaign aims to hand out two monthly payments of Bt3,500 to low-income self-employed people and farmers to mitigate financial impact from the fresh Covid-19 outbreak. Those under the social security system, government officials, and employees of state enterprises will not qualify under the campaign.

“The campaign is not yet open for registration,” she said. “Please be careful not to input personal information into any mobile application that is not officially released by the Ministry of Finance.

“The Cabinet would approve the details of the RaoChana campaign on Tuesday and would officially announce the steps to register under the campaign,” she added.

“Please only obtain information relating to the RaoChana campaign from the Ministry of Finance at www.mof.go.th, its official Facebook page at @MoFNewsStationThailand, or contact the Fiscal Policy Office at 0-2273-9020 ext. 3558, 3569, 3566, 3557.”

The ministry also is investigating the application as well as other applications with similar names, which might have fraudulent intentions, added Kulaya.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30401396

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2021-01-18

I downloaded the ThaiChana app. If they're so bored they want to peek into my little phone, have at it.

What I noticed is more than half the stores where I use it to log in want to see if I actually DID and not just point my phone at the QCR displayed.

Most of the time these apps even the official ones do not work at all. Look at the half and half scheme which is not workinng for half of the population those who really need it and on the other hand you have Bangkok employees with jobs and car using it no problem.