Covid-19 test required?

MarcelV

Will they truly require a negative Covid-19 test result of all foreign teachers in the future? I've seen some people talking about it recently.
I haven't left the country for a whole year, as have many other foreigners. To require us to shell out money for a test, or even a free test, would be pretty ridiculous. I'm not sure if I'm gonna be okay with it myself and will try to talk them out of it.  

1 hour ago, MarcelV said:

Will they truly require a negative Covid-19 test result of all foreign teachers in the future? I've seen some people talking about it recently.
I haven't left the country for a whole year, as have many other foreigners. To require us to shell out money for a test, or even a free test, would be pretty ridiculous. I'm not sure if I'm gonna be okay with it myself and will try to talk them out of it.  

Free test is only for Thai, you definitely have to pay as a foreigner.

Government is coming up with a vaccine cert if you ever want to come back into Thailand in the future.

7 hours ago, EricTh said:

Free test is only for Thai, you definitely have to pay as a foreigner.

My wp is up for renewal at the end of July. I hope the test requirement is off the cards by then. I wouldn't mind a vaccine as much as getting that nose swab to be honest.

On 1/19/2021 at 9:43 PM, MarcelV said:

Think about it. They want you to get a Covid test and let's say that you are clear. You then get your new work permit and 7 days later, you do catch Covid but show no symtoms.

You continue on with your job.

It is a pointless exercise for those of us that have never left Thailand from the beginning of the pandemic. If you are new and coming in to the country for a job, then sure, a test b4 you come makes sense.

Other than that, it is another barrier put in front of teachers to prevent them from doing their jobs. I will continue to wear a mask in class even when this is all over. For rural areas, where do we go to get this test? How much will it cost? Will they even let me test if I show absolutely no symptoms at all?  Probably not and so it goes around & around. ????

Edited by thequietman
  • Like 2