Does any Thai health insurance make applying simple?

ChiangMaiThai

I have let my current health insurance policy expire. They were a complete disaster. I am not allowed to share my experience here or mention their company name because this is Thailand and that would be defamation. 

So I want to apply for new health insurance. I don't want an agent. I don't want to download 10 PDF forms, fill them out by hand, scan, attach to email and send. 

I want to go online, enter my info, pay and get coverage. Does this exist here? If so, any website recommendations would be greatly appreciated. 

• Haha 1

You can use a Broker to do all the leg work.

Thai Health Insurance is <deleted> and expensive - it goes up every year and massivly when you hit their special ages - 48, 50, 55 etc.

I know a good broker who put me onto A+ out of Hong Kong.

Instead of high premiums for million's of Baht coverage, you get a better price and its million's of Euro coverage. They cover COVID as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, iaminwa said:

Thai Health Insurance is <deleted> and expensive - it goes up every year and massivly when you hit their special ages - 48, 50, 55 etc.

Instead of high premiums for million's of Baht coverage, you get a better price and its million's of Euro coverage. They cover COVID as well.

Must not be from the US.  A year of coverage here costs me about the same as 2 months coverage in the US.  The one advantage in the US is no preexisting exclusions.  And my coverage here is worldwide, but with a 30% copay for the US.

2 hours ago, iaminwa said:

Name, details please. PM me if necessary.

Edited by KannikaP

On 1/20/2021 at 11:00 AM, ChiangMaiThai said:

I have let my current health insurance policy expire. They were a complete disaster. I am not allowed to share my experience here or mention their company name because this is Thailand and that would be defamation. 

So I want to apply for new health insurance. I don't want an agent. I don't want to download 10 PDF forms, fill them out by hand, scan, attach to email and send. 

I want to go online, enter my info, pay and get coverage. Does this exist here? If so, any website recommendations would be greatly appreciated. 

"Does any Thai health insurance make applying simple?"

Simple you asking? Yes they know that word, but not to foreigners, they have only one word to them: "How can we do as difficult as possible"

To make it clear, recently i sold my car here to a Thai, he needed a loan from the bank, so difficult as they did....not to him, but to me, unbelievable.

I use April Insurance and it was easy to sign up for. Not sure if they’re any good though, haven’t been sick much in the last 3 years, so didn’t need any assistance.

I use bupa / aetna and i walked in their office with my passport and credit card and signed up no issues. No exam or anything except they want to make sure you are not obese. 

Had all types of claims all paid never a problem after the 1st year. fwiw my understanding is they cant cancel you or raise rates because of claims.. 

• Like 1

On getting some for my TGF and kids, I found AXA to be the best to deal with. However - what you see advertised on their web site is not all that is available. I said I wanted one of their policies, but that I wanted it to be of a higher amount and they said "oh, yes, we have that" and provided all the details. I asked why they didn't just put all of this on the webs site... they didn't know. Anyway, they came around to her house and did everything for her.