Driving to Khon Kaen at present time.

TSF

I'm currently living in Korat and wouldn't mind driving up to KK soon as I've got a few things to do there. Are there any lockdowns/restrictions at KK at the moment?

Also my car has Chonburi plates, so is that likely to matter? 

16 minutes ago, TSF said:

Also my car has Chonburi plates, so is that likely to matter? 

The above will certainly will be big draw for the BiB! So make sure you have prove that you live in Korat on you!

Also, it maybe doesn't help, but when I want to go to Korat from Buriram I have to, when coming back home, have to go in a mandatory 14 day quarantine at home!

• Like 1

Yeah, the information and rules seem to be different then what may be happening.

Spoke to someone today Pattaya to BKK, then back.  No checkpoints to be seen.

Not many reports on here at all about being stopped and the process.

So, I guess be prepared but who knows what is the right answer to any of this.

15 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Yeah, the information and rules seem to be different then what may be happening.

Spoke to someone today Pattaya to BKK, then back.  No checkpoints to be seen.

Not many reports on here at all about being stopped and the process.

So, I guess be prepared but who knows what is the right answer to any of this.

I was told that the reason they brought this document into effect was merely as a deterrent for people to travel, thinking that a lot of people would be put off going to the amphur and getting it.

Seems to have worked.

1 hour ago, HashBrownHarry said:

I was told that the reason they brought this document into effect was merely as a deterrent for people to travel, thinking that a lot of people would be put off going to the amphur and getting it.

Seems to have worked.

How long did it take to get the documents you needed to travel in and out of red zones?

An Udon businessman and acquaintance of mine needed to go to Bangkok to collect shipments that his agent had cleared from Customs. He returned via Buriram where he owns property. He obtained the paperwork needed from the Udon Amphur as well as installing Mor Chana on his smartphone (they checked this at the Amphur and asked him to replace the picture of a pot plant with his actual photo!). He usually does this trip solo but for belt and braces, his Thai wife accompanied him in case there were any problems. Here's his trip report after returning home (my emphasis).

"Quite a lot happened on the trip with regard to en route police road blocks for covid temp checks , questioning and phone app checks to make sure it was not only installed but active .. also we were advised NOT to dine in restaurants or use a hotel if at all possible as if that place is linked to an infection then you will be notified via the app and directly to report for screening etc . (we did not use either)

The app does tell you if you are in a risk area , the area of Bkk we went was low risk... also it does track your phone number ID ..when activated - bluetoothed.

PTT stations , 7/11 , BK Drive thru .. no mask no entry and have to sign in everywhere.

We have to report to Udon health department for a check up within 48 hours of returning to Udon."

Just to add that the Udon health department called him the day after he arrived reminding him of the need to check in with them.

YMMV

• Like 1