3-wheeled motorbike

gingerandtabby

I normally see at least one a week around town.

They are conventional 2 wheel bikes with a local conversion done.

I will ask the Thai guy who looks after my bikes/scooter where these conversions get done.

john

Edited by jonwilly

I have a similar interest and have looked at many products that are either electric bicycles or wheelchairs. That's why I decided to build my own from motorbike parts like honda dream.just one seat and about 100kg cargo max.

80km/he topspeed. The reason I am looking at your post is that I am looking for people with experience or interest in creative stuff. Especially the electric part is new to me but it is the point of it.

Edited by uptoyoumyfriend

How fast does it have to go and where do you plan to ride it?

Many Big C are selling small electric bikes, with two as well as three wheels, not expensive, 30k or so. But I would assume that they have a top speed of maybe 25km/h.

If you want to go faster than this you would probably have to get one running with fuel.

The ones sold in Big C are not street legal and can't be made street legal.

Others could maybe be registered as Tuktuk, but I think I've read somewhere that foreigners can't get a driving license for Tuktuks.

If you live in some village or just use it in small sois around your home, that probably doesn't matter, but if you planned to ride it around the moat, this would be a problem.

Put this into Google image search, this gives you some ideas what exists: สามล้อ

The easiest option (as in availability and legality) would probably be a motorcycle with a sidecar.

Edited by jackdd

57 minutes ago, jackdd said:

สามล้อ

You hit the nail on the head. 

it has to be street lega .l it is probably easiest to modify an existing old bike with a valid registration. Then the monkeys have to tell you what's wrong with your bike when you go get the tax sticker. Otherwise there are too many hurdles