Need Land For 1 Km Airstrip In Hua Hin Area

jumnien

I am interested in buying or long-term lease of land in the Hua Hin / Cha-am area (within 30 km of Hua Hin Airport) to build a paved airstrip and hangers and clubhouse. Will need a 1 kilometer long and 60 meter wide strip of land which I will grade and pave. Must be accessable by road and have relatively good approaches at either end and be relatively flat. Prefer west of Hua Hin bypass road or west of Cha-am. Anyone know of any land available that would work? I am open to aviation enthusiasts as partners as well.

Hi i might be able to help you on this i have a number of plots available

what is your budget so i can search my database

Regards

Ben

I am interested in buying or long-term lease of land in the Hua Hin / Cha-am area (within 30 km of Hua Hin Airport) to build a paved airstrip and hangers and clubhouse. Will need a 1 kilometer long and 60 meter wide strip of land which I will grade and pave. Must be accessable by road and have relatively good approaches at either end and be relatively flat. Prefer west of Hua Hin bypass road or west of Cha-am. Anyone know of any land available that would work? I am open to aviation enthusiasts as partners as well.

Budget is very flexible depending on property and whether it is for sale or long-term lease. Property must be at least 1.5 rai wide (60 meters) and 25 rai long (1000 meters) approximately to be ideal for paved landing strip. There is a possibility of leaving it unpaved if we can grade it and drain it very well. Must not be directly under IFR approach to Hua Hin airport, so west of bypass road would be perfect. Ideally, the perfect plot would be 2 rai wide by 40 rai long equaling 80 rai. There are many small private airstrips in Thailand and they are all different.

• 2 months later...
Budget is very flexible depending on property and whether it is for sale or long-term lease. Property must be at least 1.5 rai wide (60 meters) and 25 rai long (1000 meters) approximately to be ideal for paved landing strip. There is a possibility of leaving it unpaved if we can grade it and drain it very well. Must not be directly under IFR approach to Hua Hin airport, so west of bypass road would be perfect. Ideally, the perfect plot would be 2 rai wide by 40 rai long equaling 80 rai. There are many small private airstrips in Thailand and they are all different.

I have a US PPL and asked at a Hua Hin flying club if I could rent a single engine plane for a sightseeing trip with a Thai qualified flying instructer as a safety pilot and was informed that because the King is resident in Hua Hin, no foreign national (whatever his qualifications) can be in an aircraft, operating from or to Hua Hin, where he has access to the flying controls, because of the events of 9/11.

There are restrictions at Hua Hin airport but I can assure you we foreign nationals can operate in and out of Hua Hin airport with prior permission from the DCA in Bangkok. Due to these restrictions, those with STOL aircraft presently operate out of Bang Chong airstrip, 17km north of Chaam on the coast.

Have you considered the existing airfield at Pak Nam Pran, South of Hua Hin? The airfield is only currently used for motorcycle racing at weekends and I am sure the owner would love to see it used for it's original purpose.

Have you considered the existing airfield at Pak Nam Pran, South of Hua Hin? The airfield is only currently used for motorcycle racing at weekends and I am sure the owner would love to see it used for it's original purpose.

The airfield is currently unregistered and unmaintained as an airstrip. I've heard that it's an NPL in the hands of Bangkok Bank. Do you know who the owner is? It would be a supreme solution!!!

so in simple faa terms it is all c airspace,

so does the same apply for ultralights?

because my aim is to get one fly it over ubon rat d-a-m between nongbualamphu and kk,

do you know how this will work out for an everyday morning flight?

Should be fine. I flew the Cessna 177rg up to Khon Kaen, Udon Thani, and Sakhon Nakhon from Chonburi a month ago. Basically, to the best of your ability you avoid military bases and royal residences and use common sense and radio contact. If I'm unsure about an area I'll climb the tower and ask the controller directly if my scenic flight plan is ok. 95% of the time it is. In the Zenair, I fly low and slow, and I've come across very few restrictions that impeded my intentions.

so in my land i can probably do a small airstrip for myself,

i think the best thing to do is ask the proper giverment organization.

that trip you did sound great i bet it is heaven to fly over thailand, but when there is no weather.

did you fly over phang nga? i think it will be a great fly experience over kao sok,

got pictures of your trip over udon thani? and kk?