Built-in Translator

Confuscious

I have on my laptop Google Chrome (running on Windows 10).
Until yesterday, I was able to right-click anywhere on the screen and get a pop-up menu with the option to translate the screen to English.
But for an unknown reason, this option is not available anymore.

To make everything even more complicated, the option is available on the Google screen.
But not on other screens.

Any tips on how to get the Chrome translator back?

11 minutes ago, Confuscious said:

Until yesterday, I was able to right-click anywhere on the screen and get a pop-up menu with the option to translate the screen to English.

To make everything even more complicated, the option is available on the Google screen.

Have you tried the App's add on feature? You will probably find the Translate there

I had the same a couple of days ago. I went onto my extensions button on chrome's task bar , go to google translate and hit the 3 dots at the side and choose " this can read and change site data , choose all sites.

Edited by NE1

8 minutes ago, NE1 said:

I had the same a couple of days ago. I went onto my extensions button on chrome's task bar , go to google translate and hit the 3 dots at the side and choose " this can read and change site data , choose all sites.

I don't see any Google translate.
Can you specify the steps you did?
TIA

3.jpg

26 minutes ago, Confuscious said:

1.jpg

2.jpg

This is what my address bar looks like running Chrome Version 88.0.4324.96 (Official Build) (x86_64)

Screenshot 2021-01-28 at 22.32.34.png

The little Jigsaw looking piece 3 rd from right are my extensions on Chrome.  This is what it looks like when opened up .

Screenshot 2021-01-28 at 22.56.52.png

Edited by NE1

22 minutes ago, Pro1Expat said:

Have you tried the App's add on feature? You will probably find the Translate there

That's not the BUILT-IN translator.
The translator works now, so it is there already.
Just have to find out why it accepts only Google Login site.

Try it this way , on your Chrome bar at the top , " File , Edit , view , History , Bookmarks people , tab , window " Go Window >>>>Extensions >>>>>Google Translate >>>>Details,

Should be like this.

Screenshot 2021-01-29 at 07.43.11.png

Edited by NE1

1 hour ago, NE1 said:

Try it this way , on your Chrome bar at the top , " File , Edit , view , History , Bookmarks people , tab , window " Go Window >>>>Extensions >>>>>Google Translate >>>>Details,

Should be like this.

Screenshot 2021-01-29 at 07.43.11.png

Good morning,
Your answer suggest that I have an extension "Google Translate", which I don't have.
I am talking about the BUILT-IN translator in Chrome.
I have 2 laptops.
An old laptop with 32-bit Windows and a new laptop with 64-bit Windows.
On the old laptop, I am able to use the Chrome BUILT-IN translate on ALL sites.
On the new laptop, I am not able to use the Chrome BUILT-IN translate on all sites.

Last week it worked like a charm.
My guess is that it has something to do with the latest Windows upgrade as the behavior (refuse to use the built-in translator) can also be noticed in Microsoft EDGE.
The Microsoft EDGE website is full of complaints from people who have the same behavior since the latest upgrade.
Thanks anyway

Both of my laptops  32-bit with Windows 7 on Edge Dev, Edge Stable, and Edge Beta, Edge Translate work with all the. I use Google Translate for SMS's only.

Win ????