Experience With Sunbelt

I am posting this to see if anybody has had any dealings with Sunbelt and for Sunbelt themselves and hope they can reply to me.

I recognize Sunbelt as being a honest and trustworthy company in a proffession that can be a minefield for practitioner and client alike BUT...

Why did the following occur and why has nobody had the good sense of client care and future business referrals to put this right?

I'll explain:

Briefly- Called Sunbelt from UK to set up an appointment about forming a 2million baht company. Arrived at the office and the appointment had been forgotten but they 'fit me in' with a Thai lawyer who couldn't really answer the questions I was asking. Anyway she promised to do some research and call me back.

On the same day I met a European working for the same company and he took me back to the office and made concise notes on my sitiuation but did not know off hand the answers I needed. NO PROBLEM there. He would call me back.

After three days nobody called me back! I called them and the European vaguely remembered me and said he would call me back because he was busy with clients who he had been dealing with before I put my case to him. NO PROBLEM there.

After three weeks nobody has called me back! I had said at all stages of negociation that speed was of the utmost importance because in the minimart side of my wife's business there were some perishable goods and as you should all know, these businesses sell goods with a shelf life - a 3 month shelflife (which should be long enough to get the wheel rolling as regards establishing a company).

I have invested 1.5 million in a dog training facility and boarding kennels, 400,000 in a minimart and 400,000 in a vehicle, I am happy with Sunbelt's fees and A POINT OF PRAISE - with their honesty and knowledge BUT WHY DO THEY WANT TO THROW GOOD BUSINESS AWAY? Any similar experiences - or can anybody reccommend a good company with a service to set up a 2million baht co.?

I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE SUNBELT ACTING FOR ME ON THIS MATTER SO IF YOU READ THIS POST PLEASE CONTACT ME THROUGH EMAIL OR ON THE TELEPHONE (YOU HAVE MY NUMBER). I HOPE AFTER A BAD START WE CAN START A MUTUALLY BENEFICIAL RELATIONSHIP. I WROTE THIS WITH CARE AS I RECOGNIZE YOU AS THE BEST PEOPLE FOR MY NEEDS AND I SINCERELY HOPE YOU UNDERSTAND MY FRUSTRATIONS.

Hi Toddy,

Thank you for your e-mail. Sorry for the problems with our firm and no follow-up.

This is the first I had heard of your case and it took place when I was away from the office. What happen is unacceptable.

One of the problems when you have the lowest rates and accurate advice but its a good problem is you get too much work.

Most of our staff take great pride in how they service the customer service like myself. That is why it was hard to say"no" to taking new accounts. However over a week ago, we had to. We simply could not keep up with the demand and in fact pull our ads for our legal department in the Bangkok Post over a week ago because of the stress level and several lawyers working till 5 a.m. We are also getting very high staff turnover because of the hours which puts more pressure on the existing staff.

We now have three more experienced lawyers starting Monday to bring our lawyer staff up to eight in the legal department. Until we get caught up with our current case load, we are not concentrating on new business. Hope you understand.

Sorry to say, I would reco to go to another legal firm if you're in a super hurry as it will be June 24th at the earliest before we accept new accounts again. I'm sincerely sorry again for the non feedback. If you like to post your questions, will be happy to answer them or find the answer. It's the least I can do. Feel free to e-mail me as well at [email protected]

Regards,

Greg Lange

Managing Director

Sunbelt Asia Co., Ltd.