April eyed for launch of driving licence points-deduction system

snoop1130

7 hours ago, Bradmeister said:

Not surprising. They need to generate a lot of revenue quickly. I'm surprised we have not seen more mobil Radar/Camera police and road blocks.  

Commercial traffic is big offenses and big money. The focus of the offenders is Commercial traffic, as Trucking companies must pay to continue driving. 

As far as camera tickets, no one pays those as no one can prove you were driving the vehicle. 

I personally have paid one 500 baht speeding ticket from a man using a camera/radar gun assisted by a road block and Highway Patrol.

As they set up (predicted location) the same favorite spot, you will learn where not to speed as well.  

Let them stop the drivers who are speeding in overloaded trucks and double trailers...  they seem to be the real cause of major carnage on our highways. 

And the motorcycle riders going the wrong way and no helmet 

O(ne therefore assumes that in the detection, correctly qualified Police Officers are doing the checks and all equipment used is also correctly Calibrated and fully recorded. Otherwise it will be as now open to abuse by the RTP. Cyurrently on most offences I say , prove it when they accuse me and 99% they send me away as they either cannot or will not prove it, plus having to go to court to present ( lack of evidence ) to a court is embarrassing for them.