Poll- Do You Feel That Thailand Wants You Or Wants You Out?

click2delete

Foreigners - Are we wanted or not?  

274 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It's amazing that some vagabond farang seem to feel like the rather simple act of impregnating girls in lands far from their homeland entitles them to live in those lands. Can't get a visa, impregnate a local girl. I don't think many countries are going to go for this thinking...

Forgot to say that the "vagabond" that opened this thread states he has no problem in showing 400,000 TBH in his account. That's 4 times average salary in Thailand. So he can for sure provide an above average lifestyle to his family.

He is complaining Immigration wants him to show a domestic income of 40,000baht/months, that he will have to create fictitiously, just to allow Income department to tax it.

Lots of truth in the above statement. Money is not the problem - government hoops are the problem.

Who said I was a vagabond? I came here with money - enough to live comfortably for both my wife and I and while I had some ideas on starting a business here the pregnancy got in the way.

Now my wife has a full time job taking care of this baby. I help so I know what a job it is, it's difficult.

The phantam company with phantom salary and earnings but not the phantom tax payment is exactly how I'm supposed to get around the present regulations.

I'M SUPPOSED TO LIE.

I suppose lying and cheating and stealing is ok here as long as you don't outdo the Thais at their own game.

It's disgusting.

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If everything is so disgusting here in Thailand why don't you return to your lovely home country and raise your child to be just like all the other handsome morally outstanding men of your home country. Then the rest of us can get back to enjoying the hospitality of the Thai men and women on an everyday basis.

3) Religious or racial slurs, rude and degrading comments towards women, or extremely negative views of Thailand will not be tolerated.

One more time. If you want this thread to stay open you will stop making sweeping generalisations.

3) Religious or racial slurs, rude and degrading comments towards women, or extremely negative views of Thailand will not be tolerated.

Can we stop the sweeping generalisations please.

Curious that number three doesn't allow for men. I can only assume you are referring to my posts so I'll answer you. It would seem that many share my point of view. I see what I see.

When I venture out, I see women working food stands all over the country, where are the men? Sometimes I see young sons working the stands with Mom - where is Dad?

Is that a sweeping generalisation or just what one sees when one ventures out?

@Austhaied: knityourownpubes.com? It doesn't exist - and if it did and the Thai authorities knew about that and your link to it they would probably deport you post haste.

Really ?? No.. :D

:D A bit pedantic, isn't he?

Oh so it was a joke? Well next time I'll just read your mind ok. :o

If food stalls were the only form of employment that Thailand had to offer you might have a point. The unemployment rate in Thailand in 2006 was 2.1%. The men you denigrate are at work. Any more 'all Thai men are...' will close this thread.

When I venture out, I see women working food stands all over the country, where are the men? Sometimes I see young sons working the stands with Mom - where is Dad?

Often they are working at home preparing the food their wifes sell. Or they are in factories or offices working (yes, there are those things in Thailand :o ). And very often they stand next to their wifes working the food stall as well.

I see this is just another thai bashing thread again. Whenever things here don’t go the way you have originally planned, then let’s blame them on Thailand and the thais in general "again", and yet still you choose to live here.

Why don’t you all realize that in life you need to be flexible, and adaptable enough to survive …..always plan for the future in a way of…expect for the unexpected, no matter wherever you are. It’s absurd for anyone to think that the same life plan/blueprint can be reused again year after year and forever without any modifications as the years gone by.

You all have to remember that…..this is their country, they draw the lines in the sand. And if this is your country then you can draw your own lines.

Be flexible just a bit in life and try to spend your valuable times finding the solutions to adapt instead of keep moaning about it.

Life and future are always unpredictable, no matter where you choose to be

Just my 2 satangs

Edited by teacup

lazeeboy- Not sure why you quote my post? I'm not 'tarring' any Thais, let alone all of them. And there's also no disrespect for Thais in the post. Just the opposite. And I'm certainly not one to say all Thais are the same.

Cheers.

dumspero wasnt quoting your post sorry if it seemed that way to ,i was just having a rant in general :o

If food stalls were the only form of employment that Thailand had to offer you might have a point. The unemployment rate in Thailand in 2006 was 2.1%. The men you denigrate are at work. Any more 'all Thai men are...' will close this thread.

Educate me. When you say the men are at work, what does that mean? I'll have to give you the benefit of the doubt here, as I have seen men working in Thailand. Did I say that all Thai men are no good? That isn't what this thread is about, it was an offshoot to my statement about not wanting my child to grow up to be like "some" Thai men.

Note - if I were allowed to edit my posts I might make a change - but alas I cannot.

I do not want my boy to grow up like the majority of Thai Men that I never see (some I do) but hear about.

He most certainly will not use Grandpa as a role model. Grandpa has 7 children with 6 different women none of which he ever bothered to marry.

My father has been married to my mother for 45 years and he has three children all by some happenstance with my mother.

Pity they are so far away.

I'm sure there must be a factual breakdown of who works and who doesn't in this country and I would be amazed if the women don't come out as more responsible with more of them working than men.

If everything is so disgusting here in Thailand why don't you return to your lovely home country and raise your child to be just like all the other handsome morally outstanding men of your home country. Then the rest of us can get back to enjoying the hospitality of the Thai men and women on an everyday basis.

Is this what I have to endure? I didn't say EVERYTHING is disgusting here I said that lying was disgusting.

I said that for me to stay here after my next 1 year visa is granted, I would have pay a tax on money I didn't earn, and then go lie to immigration that my wife has a business and oh by the way here is the tax receipt.

I was told to do this by an official of the government.

I find it repugnant, disgusting and immoral and if you wish to endure more sweeping generalisations in that direction, keep trying to put words in my mouth.

Let's go back to my little boy - who at 1 month won't know that Daddy lied to the officials but someday he will look to Daddy to see if he lies and use me as a role model.

So let's make a sweeping generalization right here and right now - corruption is bad.

Lying is wrong.

Stealing is immoral.

Anyone who wishes to challenge that may throw down the gauntlet and hack away at those statements.

Educate me. When you say the men are at work, what does that mean?

It means 'working'.

Offices, factories, construction sites, farms, banks - well, the whole range where people are generally working. And given the generally lousy pay, increasing cost of living and worsening economy - men here have to work very hard, in general, to provide for their families.

Many of my male Thai friends sleep on average between 2 and 4 hours a night because they work two eight hour jobs, plus OT whenever they can.

Maybe that's why you don't see them much around - they are at work. :o

I see this is just another thai bashing thread again. Whenever things here don't go the way you have originally planned, then let's blame them on Thailand and the thais in general "again", and yet still you choose to live here.

Why don't you all realize that in life you need to be flexible, and adaptable enough to survive …..always plan for the future in a way of…expect for the unexpected, no matter wherever you are. It's absurd for anyone to think that the same life plan/blueprint can be reused again year after year and forever without any modifications as the years gone by.

You all have to remember that…..this is their country, they draw the lines in the sand. And if this is your country then you can draw your own lines.

Be flexible just a bit in life and try to spend your valuable times finding the solutions to adapt instead of keep moaning about it.

Life and future are always unpredictable, no matter where you choose to be

Just my 2 satangs

You're a satang short.

Thailand is playing games with the expats. If the real reason they do this is to weed out the criminals, then let's do a background check on anyone requesting more than a 30 day visa. I have no fear of that.

Why if I have enough money do I have to take time away from my family to either start a real or fictious business? Why should my wife work or do anything other than be a mother to our child?

If there is a criminal element then weed them out properly.

It is because they do not do this that makes me think they are not serious and only do this to drive the foreigners away.

I see this is just another thai bashing thread again. Whenever things here don’t go the way you have originally planned, then let’s blame them on Thailand and the thais in general "again", and yet still you choose to live here.

You're quite right teacup...

They are unhappy in their life in Thailand for whatever reason, so it's easy for them to blame Thailand, maybe they should take a good long look at the way their lives have panned out, and start taking some responsibility themselves for their own disasters.

Heng summed it up perfectly : It's not Thailand that you love or hate, it's your own life and what you've done with it that you love or hate.

:o

Edited by Maigo6

Let's go back to my little boy - who at 1 month won't know that Daddy lied to the officials but someday he will look to Daddy to see if he lies and use me as a role model.

When he sees whiney drama queen then what?

Let's try hard and see if we can put just a little bit more melodrama into the next post. :o

click2delete, perhaps you're (seriously) suffering from the kind of 'post-partum depression' that many new fathers suffer. Oh my God, look at that precious, helpless little thing lying there asleep, and I'm going to have to be just as responsible for providing for him in so many ways, as my saintly father provided for me, morally, economically, familyly, spiritually, etc. I am not worthy, I cannot imagine how to father that child for the next 18 or 28 years; I need some guaranteed, iron-clad assurance from the ultimate Nanny, the state government.

Fathering is a difficult job, but billions who came before you did it. If you look around Thailand, you may find some good role models among the Thai men!

In this situation, I think the biggest difference between Thailand and other countries is Thailands economy depends on foreigners to survive and other countries do not.

If all foreigners, to include tourist, were removed from Thailand for a year, the Thai economy would probably collapse.

If all foreigners, to include tourist, were removed from the USA for a year, the economy would survive.

I think this is why some people think the Thai government should be a bit more understanding with its farang friends.

Click - you are a foreigner mate regardless of visa status, the rules can change any time for anyone. There is no stability in a 3rd world country. As soon as you grasp this concept then you'll understand whinging won't help matters much. If you want stability, probably time to move back to the west. :o

In this situation, I think the biggest difference between Thailand and other countries is Thailands economy depends on foreigners to survive and other countries do not.

If all foreigners, to include tourist, were removed from Thailand for a year, the Thai economy would probably collapse.

If all foreigners, to include tourist, were removed from the USA for a year, the economy would survive.

I think this is why some people think the Thai government should be a bit more understanding with its farang friends.

Please tell me you are only kidding..

Phil Conners- So if I'm Thai I can just move to the US, Germany, France or England with twenty thousand dollars or whatever, open some kind of small business and live there indefinitely on some kind of business visa?

It would be like that in my perfect world (along with many other changes), but is that really the law in those countries?

no you cannot. in fact all these countries have put up much stricter hurdles than Thailand. the only difference is that IF you succeed your position is more secure.

Does the USA still give 10 year visas ? Also a thai with 160 times the average monthly salary as savings could probably get a tourist visa to visit. Then marry a USA citizen and get a green card. Any USA citizen can get a green card for his/her spouse if he/she makes 125% of the poverty level for their family size. This is much easier for thais married to USA citizens than people married to thai citizens.

The USA also has a visa lottery that thais can enter where they give 30,000 visas per year with no income requirement.

I really don't understand why these fathers cannot just get a job here and the work permit that comes with it, and stay. You can always teach English or French or whatever. If you don't have the qualifications, then get them. Just don't expect Thailand to accomodate every man who gets a girl pregnant on those rather ordinary abilities alone. You must be able to do something of benefit to others.

He already does.

He brings into Thailand 400,000 baht each year !!!!! (or at least he is able to show that amount in a bank account each year)

New money that comes fresh from abroad , not money taken from inside the Thai economy like the salary of a teacher !

Why on Earth should he do a job he dislikes if he already has an income sufficient to attend his family needs ?

You're quite right teacup...

They are unhappy in their life in Thailand for whatever reason, so it's easy for them to blame Thailand, maybe they should take a good long look at the way their lives have panned out, and start taking some responsibility themselves for their own disasters.

Heng summed it up perfectly : It's not Thailand that you love or hate, it's your own life and what you've done with it that you love or hate.

:o

JRTexas to Maigo6: Can you think of one single tragic event in history where the victims do not have themselves to blame? Just curious given that your posts seem to always flow from the belief that "the individual is the only person responsible for any negative event."

I really don't understand why these fathers cannot just get a job here and the work permit that comes with it, and stay. You can always teach English or French or whatever. If you don't have the qualifications, then get them. Just don't expect Thailand to accomodate every man who gets a girl pregnant on those rather ordinary abilities alone. You must be able to do something of benefit to others.

He already does.

He brings into Thailand 400,000 baht each year !!!!! (or at least he is able to show that amount in a bank account each year)

New money that comes fresh from abroad , not money taken from inside the Thai economy like the salary of a teacher !

Why on Earth should he do a job he dislikes if he already has an income sufficient to attend his family needs ?

I'm sure if he just shows his hefty documeted income to the authorities and smiles and is generally polite and also shows his bank balance he will get a visa like everyone else. Just showing his bank balance of 400,000 baht means nothing, as we all know lots of people just hustle some funds from a friend to shore up their account before going to the visa office. That said, I've seen the poorest of Thailand lovers get a one year visa with a smile. Is this guy really a Thailand lover? Or is it his karma to flourish in a different soil?

Yes foreingers can go to America and start a business. If you start a letigitimate business, expect to be corn holed by taxes. And they corn hole everyone equally despite your nationality. You will have the honor of paying employment tax, state tax etc etc. I opened a business and every other day I would get a surprise notice in the mail about some tax I never heard of....

Eventually I employed an accountant to keep it all in line and keep the IRS off of me. I would not do it again.... America takes the fun out of being an entreaprenuor (SP). In Thailand, if you can push a cart, and are Thai, you can start a business!

For the life of me, I do not know why Thailand is so scared of forieng investment. China allowed it, next thing you know they got America by the Ba**s.

While technically that's all true; honestly, when was the last time you ever got a receipt from an Asian owned business in the US?

Pure pocket change for you but not for someone on a budget. But how very arrogant your answer was - smarmy almost...

Arigato gozaimasu........ :D

Pretentious Moi?

----------------------------

Het Magoi how about a nice spicy Italian sausage. You can have it in your mansion...:o

Pure pocket change for you but not for someone on a budget. But how very arrogant your answer was - smarmy almost...

Arigato gozaimasu........ :D

Pretentious Moi?

----------------------------

Het Magoi how about a nice spicy Italian sausage. You can have it in your mansion...:o

Phil Conners- So if I'm Thai I can just move to the US, Germany, France or England with twenty thousand dollars or whatever, open some kind of small business and live there indefinitely on some kind of business visa?

It would be like that in my perfect world (along with many other changes), but is that really the law in those countries?

no you cannot. in fact all these countries have put up much stricter hurdles than Thailand. the only difference is that IF you succeed your position is more secure.

Does the USA still give 10 year visas ? Also a thai with 160 times the average monthly salary as savings could probably get a tourist visa to visit. Then marry a USA citizen and get a green card. Any USA citizen can get a green card for his/her spouse if he/she makes 125% of the poverty level for their family size. This is much easier for thais married to USA citizens than people married to thai citizens.

The USA also has a visa lottery that thais can enter where they give 30,000 visas per year with no income requirement.

------------------------------------

Yes everything you say is correct. But you forgot the almost 12 million

illegal immigrants that openly protests regularly about their lack of rights while committing felonies just by being here without permission .

They receive free health care, schooling for children and can get credit cards,drivers license and bank accounts all without a social security number.

Oh yeah and local police and sheriffs are not allowed to arrest them for being illegal. Almost all the Thais I know here are here illegaly.

Mai pen rai...

Try it in Thailand and see what happens.

He already does.

I'm sure if he just shows his hefty documeted income to the authorities and smiles and is generally polite and also shows his bank balance he will get a visa like everyone else. Just showing his bank balance of 400,000 baht means nothing, as we all know lots of people just hustle some funds from a friend to shore up their account before going to the visa office. That said, I've seen the poorest of Thailand lovers get a one year visa with a smile. Is this guy really a Thailand lover? Or is it his karma to flourish in a different soil?

are you serious or joking ?

now the main visa requirement is "love for this country"?

and if you do not get a visa it is because your "karma is to flourish in a different soil"?

Are you aware of the enormity of the silly things you write ?