Thai shelter for disabled stray dogs threatened by pandemic

webfact

5 hours ago, mikebell said:

You have said nothing to refute any of my points about the irrelevance of most dogs in Thai society.  So apart from (subtly) suggesting I am psycho/socio-pathic your reply lacks the coherence you demand.

Do you accept dogs spread disease? Cause accidents? Are responsible for attacks on humans?  Deprive others of peace? Do you think crippled and suffering dogs should be kept alive?  It is possible to be positive by ridding society of a dangerous nuisance.

Some things are obvious.

5 hours ago, ThaIrish Sean said:

A personal attack? Yes I am a vegetarian.

5 hours ago, ThaIrish Sean said:

A personal attack? Yes I am a vegetarian.

In that case: congratulations, I wish I could say the same about myself.

But my "personal attack" is still valid for the vast majority (99%) of dog lovers.

On 2/5/2021 at 5:42 PM, digger70 said:

It's about time that they stop Wasting Money.

They are Soi dogs that nobody Wants/Owns .

It's the Government Fault that here are so many ,Why?

The Government is Doing Nothing to bring this big Problem under Control. 

There should be a culling program over the Whole country to get rid of this problem.

They Know the Right thing to do ,,,,,But this is Thailand ,,,,,Who in Satans Name Cares.

Words fail me.  Actually they don't, but I would get banned. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/6/2021 at 6:06 AM, jacko45k said:

I see little similarity in dining on eggs and bacon to going around shooting disabled dogs in the head. It is perhaps a middle ground I seek, I have disdain for people who put the welfare of animals over and above their fellow man...and women carrying soppy and useless  shix-sue (sic Shih Tzu) under their arm feeding it Belgian chocolates.....and boy do barking neighbour's dog make me wish I had a gun... but I would never agree to mass slaughter of the dogs in the OP, that are being cared for. That is simple compassion, to be without that is psychopathic.

I have distain for people with views like yours. 

4 hours ago, oldhippy said:

In that case: congratulations, I wish I could say the same about myself.

But my "personal attack" is still valid for the vast majority (99%) of dog lovers.

Out of all my friends whom I know love animals; only one of them is vegetarian(vegan indeed).

Yours in the typical comment of someone who can only think in black & white; for us or against us; left and right... simplistic and often erroneous thinking.

So there is no point in trying to engage in intelligent debate.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Eindhoven said:

Out of all my friends whom I know love animals; only one of them is vegetarian(vegan indeed).

Yours in the typical comment of someone who can only think in black & white; for us or against us; left and right... simplistic and often erroneous thinking.

So there is no point in trying to engage in intelligent debate.

Respect for human live does not have a grey zone, one can not choose when to show respect or not.

Respect for animal life does not have a grey zone either.

You can not love dogs, and at the same time eat other animals for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks.

Those who are meat eaters AND dog lovers, are hypocrites or lack intelligence.

On 2/5/2021 at 9:08 PM, Morch said:

600 dogs being taken care for in shelter, 350 more fed on the streets (if I understood correctly). I would guess your dogs are treated well, so maybe less medical expenses. Then there's gas, vehicles, water, and maintaining a facility for that many dogs. It's not a simple 'per head' count.

So let it be 12.000 THB/day, but this is are $900 different daily!!!
$27.000/month. And this smells fishy.

4 minutes ago, snowgard said:

So let it be 12.000 THB/day, but this is are $900 different daily!!!
$27.000/month. And this smells fishy.

Not if they rent the place, for example. Could also be shoddy reporting, wouldn't be a first.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, up-country_sinclair said:

This may have already been brought up, but something is askew if this shelter costs half a million US dollars per year to operate.

Have you ever owned dogs?  Our two Shih Tzu, conservatively, cost us some 50,000 Baht a year in just food and vets bills. These people have that x a great many more, plus all the maintenance of buildings and services, plus their vet bills, which  must be enormous and continuous.   

• Haha 1