The World Radio

sanuk711

1 minute ago, Kwasaki said:

Thanks for that does it cost you more for internet on the Mobil.? 

I don't know Kwasaki....I am a complete Thicko on most things computer wise,, I pay for my phone in a joint package Another site I had which was good on the phone was Maps.me its better than Google in as much as it doesn't need the internet, when your way out in Nakom Nowhere.tell what country you want and it downloads it into your phone and just updates every few months. so always there when internet isn't....its free

• Thanks 2

No it will give you a list for Sydney Dan....on the biggest dot.......what I like about it on home comp is that you can turn it on and just go anywhere else on the comp and it still plays in the background.

*edit...Just checked it Dan giving 76 stations for Sydney just take your pick...... Unless there all Vietnamese.........:w00t:

Edited by sanuk711

4 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

I don't know Kwasaki....I am a complete Thicko on most things computer wise,, I pay for my phone in a joint package Another site I had which was good on the phone was Maps.me its better than Google in as much as it doesn't need the internet, when your way out in Nakom Nowhere.tell what country you want and it downloads it into your phone and just updates every few months. so always there when internet isn't....its free

Just been listening to LBC in London can get many stations with music too. 

I guess it will be free as you say, I pay a fixed amount for internet so I guess once it's loaded into the phone it can only be free I would say. ????

• Confused 1

29 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Yer....what I like about it is that it keeps playing (on home comp) when you go to another TAB...I play chess (very bad) and use as background music...find the Irish stations are very good --For my age....:laugh:

my friends listen to the BBC a lot

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

Yer....what I like about it is that it keeps playing (on home comp) when you go to another TAB...I play chess (very bad) and use as background music...find the Irish stations are very good --For my age....:laugh:

my friends listen to the BBC a lot

It's an interesting site.
I listen to BBC Radio 4 on my laptop for early morning news and some other programs, have on phone too.   You can listen to earlier programs as well.
You can always find plays to listen to or download for future listening.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

I guess it will be free as you say, I pay a fixed amount for internet so I guess once it's loaded into the phone it can only be free I would say. ????

Download Global Player app on phone or PC. All UK stations are there. BBC Sounds give you BBC radio, all free and good quality. Then TuneIn gives you the rest of the World.

The link on the OP didn't work for me.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Speedo1968 said:

It's an interesting site.
I listen to BBC Radio 4 on my laptop for early morning news and some other programs, have on phone too.   You can listen to earlier programs as well.
You can always find plays to listen to or download for future listening.

BBC Sounds app

19 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Thanks for that does it cost you more for internet on the Mobil.? 

Anything you download via mobile data has cost you even if you have an 'unlimited' package.

Radio takes very little data to receive.

1 hour ago, KannikaP said:

Download Global Player app on phone or PC. All UK stations are there. BBC Sounds give you BBC radio, all free and good quality. Then TuneIn gives you the rest of the World.

The link on the OP didn't work for me.

Thanks works for me OK. 

On 2/6/2021 at 11:27 AM, KannikaP said:

Just tried again and it really does work....brilliant. Except it takes too much time hopping around than actaully listening.

Just to try it out last night, I was on Falklands local radio, Iceland playing Abba but talking in Icelandic, Minorca playing The Beach Boys, and Mongolian folk music. 

Then back to Caroline Flashback !

14 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Just to try it out last night, I was on Falklands local radio, Iceland playing Abba but talking in Icelandic, Minorca playing The Beach Boys, and Mongolian folk music. 

Then back to Caroline Flashback !

Maybe its an age thing -I find I just sit on one of the Irish stations for music, over to the BBC talk back for arguments-- listen to the football game analysts --then sometimes  the 15 min Drama programs on the BBC are good--- but as I say maybe an age thing, brought up with Radio, I never saw a TV until I was 10 years old.

Thanks for this recommendation. It's great fun being able to fly around the world, listening to all kinds of radio that I've never experienced before. At the moment I'm tuned in to a station in Tripoli, Libya. ????

Things have come a long way since tuning the wireless into Hilversum. ????

• Like 1