covid19 extension: passport with a "come back before march 9" note

Hello.. just picked up my passport with a covid 19 extension.. it expires around end of march,

but had a note inside saying "new extension, come before march 9"

Is this normal? does that mean they will make next rounds of extensions 3 weeks before it expire? or perhaps they are considering not to extend for me again?

- worried because I'm currently on a visa exempt from 2019 and been on 60/90 days medical extensions since that, all legal, but I think its quite unusual

Thanks in advance.

Vento

I think they are telling you to do the application early for the next extension to avoid overcrowding at their office. They are concerned lots of people will wait until the final days since the current extension of the order for them expires on March 30th.

1 hour ago, vento said:

Hello.. just picked up my passport with a covid 19 extension.. it expires around end of march,

Is this normal? does that mean they will make next rounds of extensions 3 weeks before it expire? or perhaps they are considering not to extend for me again?

- worried because I'm currently on a visa exempt from 2019 and been on 60/90 days medical extensions since that, all legal, but I think its quite unusual

Thanks in advance.

Vento

Hi, the same situation, just back from Chonburi immigration, got the  extention till  March30, but the note they  attached to my passport says to come before 22d of March for another extention. They even gave me application forms to fill in for my next visit. Strange indeed)

6 hours ago, anandra said:

Hi, the same situation, just back from Chonburi immigration, got the  extention till  March30, but the note they  attached to my passport says to come before 22d of March for another extention. They even gave me application forms to fill in for my next visit. Strange indeed)

Same here, I picked up mine today but a note was stabled in saying come back "before 4 March".

14 hours ago, vento said:

Thanks in advance.

Vento

Thai Immigration probably going to extend again and again until end of the year or longer so they are getting ready for the influx of extensions since many are applying this way to stay longer. It's also very simple process to apply and get approval.

Since no to almost no tourists are going to Thailand, they need all the money they can get to help out with Thai economy. It's nothing personal, strictly business.

I was in to Chiang Mai Immigration office today . I was left with a under consideration stamp and return on the 4th of March 2021 .

My present extension is until the 28th of February 2021 .

The immigration officer  was wanting to check my address given on my TM30 by calling a person i nominated .

Hope this is of help to others 

22 hours ago, anandra said:

Where was that? What immigration?

Jomtien

My permitted to stay is 30th March. So, 26 days early they are asking me to go. I can understand wanting to stop the long lines around the usual extension date but 26 days before. Not a problem for me as I'm up the hill in pratumnak, it just seems along way before the expiry date.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/19/2021 at 12:00 PM, mxer90 said:

Jomtien

My permitted to stay is 30th March. So, 26 days early they are asking me to go. I can understand wanting to stop the long lines around the usual extension date but 26 days before. Not a problem for me as I'm up the hill in pratumnak, it just seems along way before the expiry date.

Hi, today is 4 th of March. How was there at Chonbiri immigration, did you get stame under consideration from 30 of March?

Archived