View Talay Villas

PvtDick

I looked at this project a couple years ago, and it looked like it was going to be very nice. Haven't been down there since; how's it turned out? Are they keeping the place kept up nicely? Have the promised new phases materialized? Are people who have bought there happy?

I have a client and friend who lives in a rented one. It is very nice, although neither of us thinks it is outstanding and at 50K baht per month for a one bed, one bath it is questionable value. He is trying (and I wish him luck) to get them to agree to a price reduction.

He has become less enamoured since a karaoke opened across the road under 4 sticks and a sheet of poly tarp. He is subject to a boom box of ludicrous proportions spoiling his peace most hours of the day and night. Still, at least he didn’t buy; the worst he will lose is a couple of months rent if he has to find somewhere where sleep is still possible!

:o

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah - has anyone endured the salestalk of the %\% timeshare RCI.com mob nearby? What a bunch of crooks - claiming they would rent the normal studios for 3,900 and the 1 BR "villas" with a wee little pool for 7,500 THB/month e v e r y d a y. Just by associating with these scoundrels, I've had it with View Talay. Or would you lie to spend about 14,800 Dollars for 1/26th timeshare with "only" Dollar 185 maintenanca fee per week?!?