Singer Glenn Medeiros: 'Sexual favours were the norm in music industry'

snoop1130

Singer Glenn Medeiros: 'Sexual favours were the norm in music industry'

_116995556_gettyimages-720870133_cut.jpg

Glenn Medeiros found worldwide chart fame in the late 1980s / GETTY IMAGES

Singer Glenn Medeiros has revealed how he and other artists were often asked for sex by music industry figures in return for help with their careers.

Medeiros, who found fame with Nothing's Gonna Change My Love For You in 1988, said he turned down "many offers" for sexual relationships but others agreed.

"You saw it everywhere," said Medeiros, who now runs a school in Hawaii.

"Would it have led to me being more successful in my career? Potentially. But I wasn't willing to do that."

Full Story: https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-56029660

bbc.jpg

-- © Copyright BBC 2021-02-17

these are not news, everybody knows the arts industry (cinema/movies/music/modeling and even the entry in some well know universities) if anybody wants to move to the top (not that top 555) of the charts there's a price to pay... yes I know it from being married to a US lady movie producer

1 hour ago, Mavideol said:

these are not news, everybody knows the arts industry (cinema/movies/music/modeling and even the entry in some well know universities) if anybody wants to move to the top (not that top 555) of the charts there's a price to pay... yes I know it from being married to a US lady movie producer

So, know we all know why you divorced. ????

13 hours ago, Mavideol said:

Was that how you were snared?

18 hours ago, Susco said:

He had a world hit in 1988, how about you?

A 1987 cover version by American singer Glenn Medeiros reached number 12 on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100, and topped the charts in Canada and the United Kingdom. It also topped the charts in a further four countries in Europe. Medeiros also recorded the song in Spanish under the title "Nada cambiará mi amor por ti".

What was the name of his fifth album again?

• Haha 1

Nothing is gonna change my love for you. I know it now!

Oh no was the video just acting and he turns out to be gay? 555 And now talking about sexual favors are the norm. Oh my g...

What is the world comin to now that Rush has died and now the truth has come out the music industry. Is that virus still out and about?

Edited by Solinvictus

33 minutes ago, lagarto said:

OHW! One hit wonder, what was the follow up single??? I know, there's only rock n' roll, but I like it!

Edited by PatOngo
  • Like 2

On 2/17/2021 at 6:32 PM, Susco said:

He had a world hit in 1988, how about you?

A 1987 cover version by American singer Glenn Medeiros reached number 12 on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100, and topped the charts in Canada and the United Kingdom. It also topped the charts in a further four countries in Europe. Medeiros also recorded the song in Spanish under the title "Nada ca, nmbiará mi amor por ti".

PatOngo who???

Still have no idea who he is??  Medeiros that is, not PatOngo....everybody knows him lol!

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/18/2021 at 2:09 PM, Pique Dard said:

..is still a norm in film industry, modelling agency  and music industry. only, it has become more subtle

and it back then been running along 'smoothly under the covers' until BBC-TV jumped on the bandwagon... and MSM'd it