Extension on one year extension

8 hours ago, fishtank said:

You can get 60 days to visit your daughter.

So just to confirm, I have been in the country for the last year on the 1 year extension and that ends in April. So I can just go to my local Immigration office and request to extent for 60days?

Thank you very much for your help, greatly appreciated.

3 minutes ago, bangkokbonecollector said:

So just to confirm, I have been in the country for the last year on the 1 year extension and that ends in April. So I can just go to my local Immigration office and request to extent for 60days?

Yes you can unless you have applied for the 60 day extension previously to visit your child since your last entry with visa.

10 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Yes you can unless you have applied for the 60 day extension previously to visit your child since your last entry with visa.

No I never did that, entered last January from a holiday in Nam but because of Covid had to wait until September 2020 to get my extensions done. I was only given till April! which is strange and something I might query as I have read elsewhere all long term extensions given last September should have been for a year.

Anyways, thanks for your help, greatly appreciated.

12 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Question for Ubon Joe: Does that one time 60 day extension you take for marriage or child get renewed when you leave the Kingdom and come back? In other words, you get to use that extension only one time while in the Kingdom, but when you go out and come back that gets another one time renewal?

27 minutes ago, Freeduhdum said:

Question for Ubon Joe: Does that one time 60 day extension you take for marriage or child get renewed when you leave the Kingdom and come back? In other words, you get to use that extension only one time while in the Kingdom, but when you go out and come back that gets another one time renewal?

That is basically correct.

If you were here for years and got one you could not get another one until you entered the country with a visa. Using a re-entry permit does not count as new entry since it is not a new entry with a visa.

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Using a re-entry permit does not count as new entry since it is not a new entry with a visa.

Ok. That is an important distinction... you do not get another 60 day extension use with an existing VISA and re-entry permit. Must have a new VISA, not an existing one. Do you know why this is?

9 minutes ago, Freeduhdum said:

hat is an important distinction... you do not get another 60 day extension use with an existing VISA and re-entry permit.

If on extensions you probably would not have a valid visa to use since it would of expired already.

If on a multiple entry visa you could get a 60 day extension for one of the permits to stay from it leave the country and re-enter using the visa and get another 60 day extension

What I meant by new visa entry was a new permit to stay in the country that could be from a visa or visa exempt,

6 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

If on extensions you probably would not have a valid visa to use since it would of expired already.

If on a multiple entry visa you could get a 60 day extension for one of the permits to stay from it leave the country and re-enter using the visa and get another 60 day extension

What I meant by new visa entry was a new permit to stay in the country that could be from a visa or visa exempt,

Very sorry... I am still not clear. So for example I entered on a 90 day Non-Immigrant O based upon marriage. I used a 60 day extension while in the Kingdom and give time to complete my one year extension based upon marriage. Now... if I obtain a re-entry permit, go out of the Kingdom and come back within my current one year extension, do I get granted another 60 day extension use should I need it?

6 minutes ago, Freeduhdum said:

Now... if I obtain a re-entry permit, go out of the Kingdom and come back within my current one year extension, do I get granted another 60 day extension use should I need it?

You could not apply for another 60 day extension if you go a re-entry permit the left and reentered the country since you would still have the same permit to stay from a visa from long ago. You have been extending the same permit to stay and would need a entirely new one from a visa or visa exempt entry. 

Archived