Dentist Hua Hi for amalgam/mercuryreplacement procedure

silver sea

I have a number of mercury fillings which are now several decades old and need replacing. This time, I would like the Mercury replaced by a safer filling.

I did some checking on theninternet. I couldn’t find a Hua Hin practice that was offering this service. This is what a dental practice in Bangkok says:

“Many people are deciding they want to have their silver amalgam (mercury) fillings removed, but this can cause a tremendous amount of mercury to be absorbed by their body and make them ill. To help prevent this, safety precautions should be used so the person won’t swallow or breathe mercury vapor while the fillings are being drilled out Mercury vaporizes at room temperature. As soon as the dentist touches the filling with a drill, the temperature soars and the mercury vapor comes pouring off the fillings. Then when you take a breath it goes right into your lungs.“

Going to Bangkok is not possible right now, and, in any event I would prefer to have the operation in Hua Hin where I live.  

Is there a dental practice in Hua Hin that offers a safe environment and procedure to carry out the mercury removal and replacemen?

Any suggestions from those who have already experienced the operation would be much appreciated.

Thank you 

Edited by silver sea

On 2/22/2021 at 11:44 AM, Mister T said:
Don't know for sure if they do what you need but they do seem to have a high tech surgery. I have used them for crown repairs and very happy with them.

S-smile Dental Clinic by Dr.Sirinate (Hua Hin)
Mobile: +6680-993-0055

I sent a text, shortly after you posted the comment above ^^,  on their website to ask if they offered the amalgam/mercury replacement service.

When I sent the text, a message popped up on screen to say that I would get a reply shortly. No reply came back, which I guess is the Thai way of saying that they don’t offer the service. 

OK no problem. I guess it will be Bangkok dental practice then, once it’s safe to travel there.

Anyway, thanks for your help Mister T.