Verifying pension

22 hours ago, tjansen said:

For retirement extension, is anyone using some method of verifying a monthly pension, e.g. SS Income from the US without having to make monthly transfers to Thailand?

If you are from USA, Great Britain, or Aus you must have deposits of 65,000 baht deposited into a Thai bank monthly or 800,000 basically left in Thai bank. Other nations simply get a letter from their embassy verifying their income. USA, Britain and Aus no longer do that.

I was in Bangkok bank to get the documents to provide to immigration . Are these the Correct fees for the docs  ;

1) get statement from HQ (200 baht)

2) certificate to show the monthly transfer (100 baht ) after receipt of statement. Bkk bank staff cannot use the credit advise not the pass book (I wonder why ? 

3) another certificate to show current bank book balance (100 baht )

Thanks 

1 hour ago, Alotoftravel said:

I was in Bangkok bank to get the documents to provide to immigration . Are these the Correct fees for the docs  ;

1) get statement from HQ (200 baht)

2) certificate to show the monthly transfer (100 baht ) after receipt of statement. Bkk bank staff cannot use the credit advise not the pass book (I wonder why ? 

Thanks 

Yes..standard

On 2/24/2021 at 10:06 AM, Tony125 said:

If you are from USA, Great Britain, or Aus you must have deposits of 65,000 baht deposited into a Thai bank monthly or 800,000 basically left in Thai bank. Other nations simply get a letter from their embassy verifying their income. USA, Britain and Aus no longer do that.

Thanks a lot for everyone's replies. They look pretty unanimous.

On 2/25/2021 at 5:55 AM, Alotoftravel said:

1) get statement from HQ (200 bah)

Thanks 

You don't have to do step 1 and save 200 baht  if  you keep your bank passbook up to date and they use that to provide the credit advice letters for the bank statement. 

3 minutes ago, pmarlin said:

You don't have to do step 1 and save 200 baht  if  you keep your bank passbook up to date and they use that to provide the credit advice letters for the bank statement. 

That depends upon the office where you apply. Many want a statement and the bank book plus copies of it.

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That depends upon the office where you apply. Many want a statement and the bank book plus copies of it.

I was referring to step 1 only. Updated bank book gets you the rest and no need to wait  for anything from the main Bangkok bank.

12 minutes ago, pmarlin said:

I was referring to step 1 only. Updated bank book gets you the rest and no need to wait  for anything from the main Bangkok bank.

As I wrote before many offices want the statement bank book copies.

I have needed both for 2 extensions already at the office here.

No don't need the credit advises since my transfers are shown as foreign transfers on the statement and bank book.

Archived