Hua Hin Jazz Festival 2007 To Draw In 65,000 Visitors

Jai Dee

Hua Hin Jazz Festival 2007 to draw in 65,000 visitors

The Hua Hin Jazz Festival 2007 will be held on June 8th and 9th, 2007.

The festival is being organized by the CM Organizer Public Company Limited. The jazz festival seems to be a smaller affair this year with only two days instead of the three on previous festivals, to follow principle of the Sufficiency Economy. However, this year's concept, Party by the Sea, is expected to attract about 65,000 visitors.

Last year, 81 percent of the visitors expressed their satisfaction with the jazz event in Hua Hin, Prachuap Khiri Khan.

The main concerts will be played in front of Sofitel Central Hotel. Some of the world's famous jazz artists such as Quintet-X, Young Blood Band, Bossa Blossom, and Caroline Henderson are scheduled to entertain the crowd this year.

Source: Thai National News Bureau Public Relations Department - 15 May 2007

Amazing! They have a successful formula, which attracts more & more visitors each year, so what do they do? They cut it down by one day & also just have the beach stage(s), rather than the others through the town. Yep, makes sense to me... TIT :o

last years festival was excellent , but the beach stages were overcrowded , just too many people there , i dont know how the 'sufficiency economy' relates to a jazz festival , but a less crowded festival certainly gets my approval , unfortunately i will be in blighty for june so wont get to go.

• 3 weeks later...

...went to Hua Hin this weekend, came back last night..the stage is starting to put up outside the Sofitel Central...great weather but very sad to see the town so quiet!! ....nice weekend BUT watch out, the roads are horific!!! Took me 90 minutes from Hua Hin to the Cha-am Fishing Park !!! Single lane traffic as they are building new bridges and then again just before Samut Songkram.......total traveling time back to BKK last night was 5 hours, 30 minutes !! Sorry, just cancelled my hotel for next weekend as not willing to have to drive through that lot again...PS left Hua Hin at 17.30 hrs in order ot miss the afternoon traffic.!!!!!

Hua Hin Jazz Festival

June 8 - 9, 2007 : Hua Hin District, Prachuab Kiri Khan Province

Note: Event dates and programme details may be subject to change. To ensure you have the most updated information, please reconfirm details prior to travel.

Enjoy live music performances from local and international jazz artists among the backdrop of beautiful sea and clear blue sky.

JAZZ ON THE BEACH IS BACK. The long-awaited lively and unique jazz experience is here again at Hua Hin Jazz Festival 2007 from 8 - 9 June 2007.

The lineup can be seen below:

8 June 2007

16:45 - 17:45 Live Music

18:00 - 19:00 Jazz Park-Num-Po

19:15 - 20:15 S.U.Jazz Quintet

20:30 - 21:30 OMAH Special Quartet with Rydsma Amoy

21:45 - 22:45 Ben Charatit & Mariam Alcalali

23:00 - 24:00 Montefiori Cocktail

9 June 2007

15:30 - 16:30 Live Music

16:45 - 17:45 Quintet-X

18:00 - 19:00 Air & The Super Band