Did you know that bitkub was closed down in early Jan?

jack71

I read on mainstream press today that financial regulators in Bangkok shut down Bitkub in early Jan after the trading platform faced a series of lengthy service outages. 

I didnt know this happened but heard from many members of this forum that they were not accepting any new clients. 

I asked them about this recently and the rep told me that they did this bc they cant do KYC on new customers at the moment. 

I like bitkub and hope they survive. Its another reason NOT to leave your crypto on any exchange. 

cheers

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jack71 said:

I read on mainstream press today that financial regulators in Bangkok shut down Bitkub in early Jan after the trading platform faced a series of lengthy service outages. 

I didnt know this happened but heard from many members of this forum that they were not accepting any new clients. 

I asked them about this recently and the rep told me that they did this bc they cant do KYC on new customers at the moment. 

I like bitkub and hope they survive. Its another reason NOT to leave your crypto on any exchange. 

cheers

Looks like a nice excuse to do a runner with customer money ????

They've been posting away on their facebook page like there's nothing wrong, perhaps because apart from not on-boarding new customers there is actually nothing wrong.

This appeared today on one of their facebook posts, translated from Thai, a comment and the reply :

image.png.6baa94cb062397b19b65bd82e3684d9d.png