Songkran to go ahead, Thailand expects to open to foreigners on Oct 1: CCSA

webfact

6 hours ago, webfact said:

1pm.jpg

File photo for reference only

Government spokeswoman Dr Apisamai Srirangsan was full of the joys of spring yesterday as she announced nothing but good news. 

Even Songkran would be going ahead, in masks.

Thai media interpreted her remarks from the CCSA as indicating that Thailand would be finally open to foreign tourism from October 1st.

On the local front the pandemic situation in Samut Sakhon was now much better. Infections were down to only double figures.

Just 19 were mentioned yesterday and out of 724 tests only six came back positive. 

The so-called "bubble and seal" scheme that saw factory workers sealed at work or transported from home to work was set to end yesterday too after 14 days. 

This was deemed a great success in preventing more infection.

Caution was still being advised but the good news continued with word that 70,000 doses of vaccine would be administered over the next few weeks. 

After a sub-committee met the full committee will convene at the end of next week to discuss how not just Samut Sakhon but the whole country can reopen from April 1st. 

This was wonderful with Songkran coming up, she said, adding that today (March 11th) is D-Day for the culture, tourism and MoPH to decide whether water splashing will be allowed at the traditional Thai new year.

One word of caution though - she said that it would be "culture in masks". 

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-03-11

Not thought out very well! Mask gets wet and find you can't breathe!!!????

• Like 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

1pm.jpg

File photo for reference only

Government spokeswoman Dr Apisamai Srirangsan was full of the joys of spring yesterday as she announced nothing but good news. 

Even Songkran would be going ahead, in masks.

Thai media interpreted her remarks from the CCSA as indicating that Thailand would be finally open to foreign tourism from October 1st.

On the local front the pandemic situation in Samut Sakhon was now much better. Infections were down to only double figures.

Just 19 were mentioned yesterday and out of 724 tests only six came back positive. 

The so-called "bubble and seal" scheme that saw factory workers sealed at work or transported from home to work was set to end yesterday too after 14 days. 

This was deemed a great success in preventing more infection.

Caution was still being advised but the good news continued with word that 70,000 doses of vaccine would be administered over the next few weeks. 

After a sub-committee met the full committee will convene at the end of next week to discuss how not just Samut Sakhon but the whole country can reopen from April 1st. 

This was wonderful with Songkran coming up, she said, adding that today (March 11th) is D-Day for the culture, tourism and MoPH to decide whether water splashing will be allowed at the traditional Thai new year.

One word of caution though - she said that it would be "culture in masks". 

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-03-11

Without water there is no Songkran.. So if no water splashing then Songkran is cancelled and is not going ahead.. 

33 minutes ago, Aarin said:

Without water there is no Songkran.. So if no water splashing then Songkran is cancelled and is not going ahead.. 

Hmm.. dont need water to drink lao khao! Thai man can have Songkran every day!

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Read the article twice and failed to see anything other than the headline that discusses October 1st as the opening of Thailand to foreigners.  Maybe I missed it as I also saw no link to an article to be referenced either.  I guess we just believe what is said, without proof from this Government, Nah who am I kidding.

Misleading us about the topic is the only way they can get us to click on articles we don’t care about. It seems this site gets worse and worse over time. 

• Like 2

Most European holiday destinations which pull in millions of European/ Farangs will open up probably June or July. Sun seekers will likely to go to Cyprus, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Crete or Greece. mostly people will need evidence of the Jabs against CoVid and already in UK & Israel all people over 50s will have their protection.  Thailand needs to prepare for such people or miss out those dollars, euros or sterling which cannot wait to be spent. 

21 hours ago, gungadin1 said:

Yes I will look forward to walking around with a soaking wet mask on all day

cancelled It would be the best decision if they cancelled songkran completely im sick of buying new trainers after songkran and getting drunken thais and farlangs throwing ice cold water over you upto midnight instead of stopping it at 6pm , ps is there any deserted property somewhere i can go for 1 or 2 weeks near pattaya fully stocked up with food and drink ?

On 3/11/2021 at 7:51 AM, ThailandRyan said:

Read the article twice and failed to see anything other than the headline that discusses October 1st as the opening of Thailand to foreigners.  Maybe I missed it as I also saw no link to an article to be referenced either.  I guess we just believe what is said, without proof from this Government, Nah who am I kidding.

best time to arrive in thailand is the start of songkran then you can go into isolation for 2 weeks i would love that . ahhhh what a damn i missed songkran  ( NOT )

• Haha 1

On 3/11/2021 at 7:58 AM, bluesofa said:

Yeah, I bet she was dead pleased TVF had gone down. One less group of foreigners taking the p!ss out of the government. Then again they are an easy target - they keep giving so much opportunity with what they say.
I'm sure we qualify for some of our illustrious leader's alcohol spray - as long as it's free - same as for the Thai press.

Maybe she introduced a new TVF Virus. 55555555

43 minutes ago, hottrader77 said:

best time to arrive in thailand is the start of songkran then you can go into isolation for 2 weeks i would love that . ahhhh what a damn i missed songkran  ( NOT )

This year the water is replaced by Alcoholic Gel mixed with Sang Som. 555555

47 minutes ago, hottrader77 said:

cancelled It would be the best decision if they cancelled songkran completely im sick of buying new trainers after songkran and getting drunken thais and farlangs throwing ice cold water over you upto midnight instead of stopping it at 6pm , ps is there any deserted property somewhere i can go for 1 or 2 weeks near pattaya fully stocked up with food and drink ?

Hot Chocolate?? 55555