Samui - Where to buy coffee filter paper?

Subject line says it all.

I am making some vodka infusions and want to buy some coffee filter paper to strain when finished. Looked in Tops and Tesco so far, but no luck. Will try Big C today, but after that I'm stuck.

TIA

11 minutes ago, phetphet said:

I am making some vodka infusions and want to buy some coffee filter paper to strain when finished. Looked in Tops and Tesco so far, but no luck. Will try Big C today, but after that I'm stuck.

TIA

Try Diaso,. They have large and small, 60b. At least the one in Central festival mall in Pattaya has the filter paper cones.

1 hour ago, phetphet said:

TIA

I bought filtercoffee at tesco Lamai an hour ago. There was paper filter for sale. 

Coffee filters for sale at Chaweng Big C and Makro, Bangrak Minimart and BonCafe on the ring road by Fishermans.

I have bought at all of these places recently. Big C was yesterday.

Both 2 and 4 cup sizes.

PS - only a couple of boxes left of the 2 cup.

Edited by Tropicalevo
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, phetphet said:

TIA

BigC has it, next the coffee...????

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

Coffee filters for sale at Chaweng Big C and Makro, Bangrak Minimart and BonCafe on the ring road by Fishermans.

I have bought at all of these places recently. Big C was yesterday.

Both 2 and 4 cup sizes.

PS - only a couple of boxes left of the 2 cup.

Bangrak Mini mart is my nearest place so will check that first, then another try at Big C.

4 hours ago, phetphet said:

I must have missed it today when I went there to look. Will go back again tomorrow.

Thanks.

The coffee machine I bought here (in Thailand) came with a metal filter, which actually works, but as it could be taken out I prefers to use paper filters, which I'm used to from Europe. However, that might be why coffee filters are more rare to find than in Europe.

Same with vacuum cleaner bags – the era before the bagless cyclonic separation vacuum cleaners – when I should buy my first one in Thailand up in Surin. I had learned from experience to check availability of vacuum cleaner bags and prices, before buying anything. No one in BigC seemed to understand me, they didn't speak English, and I couldn't find any vacuum cleaner bags at all, but all vacuum cleaners on sale had a bag inside. I went to Tesco, same result, and Macro, also no vacuum cleaner bags, so back to BigC that had the best selection to choose from. Finally I found "someone important" that understod me. He opened a vacuum cleaner, took the bag out, and in the bottom of the bag was a plastic paper-binder clips that he took off and shook the open bag...

ImgW.ashx?fd=f3&cd=SEACC001

Oh my god, they didn't use "single use" vacuum cleaner bags in Thailand, for all the dangerous heavy-metal polluted dust. The latter must have been a sales argument from vacuum cleaner manufacturers that made a fortune on selling bags, because today everybody buys bagless vacuum cleaners and just pour all that "dangerous heavy-metal polluted dust" straight down the bin.

Seems like something similar might be going on with coffee machines and paper filters...

19 minutes ago, khunPer said:

I had learned from experience to check availability of vacuum cleaner bags and prices, before buying anything. No one in BigC seemed to understand me, they didn't speak English, and I couldn't find any vacuum cleaner bags at all, but all vacuum cleaners on sale had a bag inside. I went to Tesco, same result, and Macro, also no vacuum cleaner bags, so back to BigC that had the best selection to choose from. Finally I found "someone important" that understod me. He opened a vacuum cleaner, took the bag out, and in the bottom of the bag was a plastic paper-binder clips that he took off and shook the open bag...

I had the same issue with vacuum cleaner bags for an Electrolux.  Then Lazada came along and I didn't.

• Like 1