DO most of the hotels/resorts in Phuket reject the family stay at non-family room?

strandedmalaysia

Like the title states, how is Phuket hospitality when it comes to a family (2 adults, 2 kids under 5yrs and a newborn) are booking NON-FAMILY rooms but instead a regular room which allows 1 free kid to stay with parents? I've been to Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Pattaya, Cha am, and many more of tourist destination and none of the frontdesks will require to upgrade or forfeit the room booking when looking at a family of 5.

We are okay to add extra bed or even pay for extra charge of breakfast for kids and newborn but MUST a guest upgrade the room for a newborn which btw, sleep at his very own baby cot and/or baby mat, upon check-in?

I am referring specifically to Adamantra Resort, Splash Beach Resort, Novotel Vintage Park Resort, Sunwing Kamala Beach, Ibis Hotel, etc (those in Phuket at 4 to 5-star hotels/resorts). Do they hold a very strict policy to NEVER allow over 3 human stay in a Deluxe room?

thanks

I would hope so.

5 people in a room for maximum 3 is nuts, and breaking occupancy rules may invalidate their insurance or breach the terms of their license or otherwise cause them trouble with officialdom somewhere along the line.

Book accommodation suitable for your family needs.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, treetops said:

I would hope so.

5 people in a room for maximum 3 is nuts, and breaking occupancy rules may invalidate their insurance or breach the terms of their license or otherwise cause them trouble with officialdom somewhere along the line.

Book accommodation suitable for your family needs.

You are actually right about the insurance, and also this is how rooms get trashed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, soumanioco said:

The main reason for the "Indians not allowed" sign you'd see in many Phuket hotels/resorts until a few years ago. 

I can tell you it's not just Indians that do it, it's an Asian thing

5 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Why not book a villa or a 2 bedroom apartment? Agoda have some great deals look at Airbnb, 

Air b &b has great deals now mostly under 1000 b I do monthly I’m staying in rooms that are probably 25,000 a month I’m getting 8,000 and NO deposits , Incredible Deals 

The rules in most hotels in Thailand is that up to 2 kids under 12 can stay in parents'  room free of charge but with no extra bed and no breakfast. If you want an extra bed (usually limited for 1 extra bed per room)  and/ or breakfast you pay extra. There is usually a reduced breakfast price for kids. 

How about hotels that have rooms with an adjoining room ? Surely that would work fine ? Though agree an apartment would be much better especially for babies bottles, hygiene etc. A fridge for kiddie food . You can always arrange for a cleaner to come in.