Let's read a short political news article together....

somtamguy

Fair play. Thanks for that, somtamguy, and for picking the topic - folk are probably still swilling over harry n meghan ad nauseum!

Nowhere near your level but do you know of a Thai news site/app with headlines in Thai and English? I find that ideal for getting news fast and learning...

13 hours ago, daveAustin said:

Fair play. Thanks for that, somtamguy, and for picking the topic - folk are probably still swilling over harry n meghan ad nauseum!

Nowhere near your level but do you know of a Thai news site/app with headlines in Thai and English? I find that ideal for getting news fast and learning...

My brain switches off and my imagination takes me elsewhere when I hear anything about those two, lol. Makes me fall asleep. 

I don't know any sites or apps that have that kind of service, but I definitely recommend just trying to rely on Thai websites for native Thai speakers. You may struggle at the beginning and it may be slow going, but eventually you'll be reading headlines in Thai without even having to translate the meaning into English. Just gotta keep grinding day after day and it will eventually happen. 

Here is my next clip that I have made - 

If anyone wants to read along, here is the story/post below - 

"ไม่ใช่นึกจะอยู่ตรงไหนก็อยู่ได้"

นายกฯ เชื่อว่ามีคนอยู่เบื้องหลังการชุมนุมของชาวบ้านบางกลอย ยืนยันอยู่ในเขตอุทยานแห่งชาติ-พื้นที่ป่าต้นน้ำไม่ได้

วันนี้ (17 มี.ค.) พล.อ. ประยุทธ์ จันทร์โอชา นายกรัฐมนตรีและรัฐมนตรีว่าการกระทรวงกลาโหม กล่าวถึงการชุมนุมของชาวกะเหรี่ยงบ้านบางกลอย จ.เพชรบุรี เพื่อร้องเรียนที่ถูกเจ้าหน้าที่กีดกันไม่ให้อยู่อาศัยและทำกินในป่าแก่งกระจาน ทั้งที่ชุมชนอยู่มาก่อนพื้นที่นี้จะถูกประกาศเป็นอุทยานแห่งชาติ และมีส่วนช่วยในการดูแลผืนป่า

พล.อ.ประยุทธ์กล่าวว่าพื้นที่ดังกล่าวเป็นอุทยานฯ และต้นน้ำชั้น 1 ที่จำเป็นต้องอนุรักษ์ไว้ พร้อมกับอ้างว่าคนไทยทั่วไปไม่พอใจที่มีชุมชนอาศัยอยู่ในบริเวณดังกล่าว อีกทั้งรัฐบาลได้จัดหาพื้นที่สำหรัอยู่อาศัยและทำการเกษตรให้ชาวบ้านแล้ว

"(รัฐบาล) ดูแลไทย-กลุ่มชาติพันธุ์ทั้งหมด แต่ต้องให้เกิดความเท่าเทียมกัน ไม่ใช่นึกจะอยู่ตรงไหนก็อยู่ได้" นายกฯ กล่าวกับผู้สื่อข่าวที่ทำเนียบรัฐบาลอย่างมีอารมณ์

พล.อ.ประยุทธ์เชื่อว่ามีผู้อยู่เบื้องหลังการชุมนุมของชาวบ้านบางกลอย ที่ต้องการสร้างความขัดแย้ง สร้างความไม่เข้าใจระหว่างรัฐบาลและประชาชน

"เราจำเป็นต้องรักษาป่าต้นน้ำไม่ใช่หรือ และต้องหาพื้นที่ทำกินให้กับเขาแต่ไม่ใช่จะไปอยู่ในใจกลางอุทยานฯ ผมไม่อยากจะพูด แต่ไม่ได้โทษเขา ผมโทษคนอยู่เบื้องหลัง ซึ่งก็รู้ว่าใครอยู่เบื้องหลัง" นายกฯ กล่าว

And here is the link to the post - https://www.facebook.com/BBCnewsThai/photos/a.1527194487501586/2898112507076437

Edited by somtamguy