Disney Plus won't let kids watch Peter Pan and Dumbo anymore

snoop1130

33 minutes ago, Patong2021 said:

Over reaction to the controls. All that it means is that kids can only access with parental authorization. They cannot watch on their own. Is it such a bad thing that a parent  should see what child watches?

entirely depends on what else they can watch without parental authorization.

I would bet they can still watch content where businessmen or policemen are stereotyped as "bad people".

cultural suicide. it's possible.

Edited by tgw
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Sujo said:

Perhaps they should go out and play.

You didn't think that out very well. There are numerous reasons why children may not be able to 'go out and play' and only one of them is the Covid situation. 

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, TKDfella said:

You didn't think that out very well. There are numerous reasons why children may not be able to 'go out and play' and only one of them is the Covid situation. 

What are the reasons children are not able to play outside?

It is germs, swarms of perverts waiting to molest them, dangerous dogs, sharp things? 

When my children were little, I bought them a set of small books by Helen Bannerman, beginning with Little Black Sambo.

I didn't expose them to racism, I exposed them to charming books filled with caricatures unrelated to any humans on the planet.

Now that six Dr. Seuss books have been banned for far less egregious representations, I think it might be hard to find any Helen Bannerman books.

There was a time when books were mostly filled with artfully-contrived words. These are now called 'chapter books'--think The Wonderful Wizard of Oz & Anne of Green Gables. In roughly the 1970s a trend developed so every children's book was filled with more illustrations than words.

Those Disney animated classics are wonderful. We are severely dumbing down succeeding generations to be woke robots.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

What are the reasons children are not able to play outside?

It is germs, swarms of perverts waiting to molest them, dangerous dogs, sharp things? 

How about weather conditions? Snow, heavy rain etc. Thunder and pouring rain but you want the children to go out and play. How about the children that can't go out and play through injury, illness. You going to forbid them watching cartoons etc.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, TKDfella said:

How about weather conditions? Snow, heavy rain etc. Thunder and pouring rain but you want the children to go out and play. How about the children that can't go out and play through injury, illness. You going to forbid them watching cartoons etc.

These situations would be in the minority and I suspect you know it.

• Sad 1

I was born before the internet and wokeness came along and remember what it was like before then. It's like having an out-of-body experience watching the world destroy itself via social media. Amazing.

• Like 2

TBH who came up with these 'correct' behaviour attitude?

I remember many nursery rhymes we used to recite as kids quite innocently, without an iota of malice, but now dare not even mention the titles!

I guess we reap what we sow - Sad, but true.

• Like 1

On 3/13/2021 at 4:14 AM, Patong2021 said:

Over reaction to the controls. All that it means is that kids can only access with parental authorization. They cannot watch on their own. Is it such a bad thing that a parent  should see what child watches?

I'm pretty sure I got to see Disney films on my own ( back before tv ).

• Like 2

On 3/12/2021 at 12:37 PM, snoop1130 said:

Now, means that kids will no longer be able to view classic films including Peter Pan and Dumbo.

These movies have not been totally removed......just removed from kids profiles......it puts the decision on what they can watch onto parents..........bearing in mind the lunatic, litigious nature of the USA probably a wise move.

• Sad 1