Best condo block swimming pool in central Pattaya or Jomtien

SGD

11 hours ago, walt1 said:

For my tastes it's hard to beat VT2.  In Pattaya the VT6 is OK.

Agreed, VT6 is ok and the development has good location, if higher priced than alternatives

• Like 1

10 hours ago, jacko45k said:

What is wrong with the VT 5 buildings which are close to the beach and Thrappaya?

Fundamentally nothing wrong with it, except a bit overshadowed at times. I've stayed there and at night, it is a ghost town, well before Covid.

VT1, 2, even 3 are far more residential whilst 5 and up seem to have been bought by investors and are often 90% plus empty.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

Just bought 1 in Dusit grand , good prices at the moment . A lot of square meters for your money and nice pool with enough sun . It's just of theppasit road about 2 kilometers to the beach .

Really at 60k plus per sqm ?

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, wolf81 said:

View Talay 5 was nice imho, but can be hot in afternoon. Large square, great for making laps.

Agreed. less "resort" like than VT2 but decent contender. Issue (if applicable) about it being a ghost condo remain though.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Aomelia said:

AcQua 2 pools and Lagoon is shaded most of time Soi Russian Night Market Jomtien quiet as a church at night also 

Unfortunately there’s always something wrong with one of their pools, and maintenance is appalling. Room fittings also cheap. It could have been nice, except the horrible blue color !

You might want to check-out Pattaya Klang Center Point (PKCP) on 3rd Road not far from Big C......just off of Soi 6 as I recall.....used to be swarming with Russians before they all got chased out of town.....have big rooms and used to have a gym on the 2nd floor?

B8F776CD-BBBE-4095-BEE5-C4FEBCDC8EFF.jpeg

F679FB27-D7A1-483D-A7EA-3F088462118A.jpeg

• Haha 1

As far as the building and location VT5D Pattaya side would be my first choice, but the OP was more concerned about the pools, there VT2 wins hands down. The blue Acqua cellblock area around the big pool you couldn't pay me to stay there. The side units with the rooftop pools are OK but the build quality is ? umm what's the word.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

Just bought 1 in Dusit grand , good prices at the moment . A lot of square meters for your money and nice pool with enough sun . It's just of theppasit road about 2 kilometers to the beach .

Dusit Grand Condo View is on Jomtien's Second Road. So likely you are referring to another building.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, walt1 said:

As far as the building and location VT5D Pattaya side would be my first choice, but the OP was more concerned about the pools, there VT2 wins hands down. The blue Acqua cellblock area around the big pool you couldn't pay me to stay there. The side units with the rooftop pools are OK but the build quality is ? umm what's the word.

VT2 pool better than VT5 ?

so VT1 better than VT2 and VT5 ? as it is clearly the biggest of any view talay (1 pool for 2 buildings)

6 hours ago, walt1 said:

I was in 8 th floor sea view 2 br 2 bath very big , I thought everything in room was quality 3 hinge doors all wood for 11,000 a month garage is very clean and dark for my truck Security was great also the upper floors around Lagoon have huge balcony’s with Astro turf 

Edited by Aomelia

17 hours ago, SGD said:

Fundamentally nothing wrong with it, except a bit overshadowed at times. I've stayed there and at night, it is a ghost town, well before Covid.

VT1, 2, even 3 are far more residential whilst 5 and up seem to have been bought by investors and are often 90% plus empty.

Not true, I live in VT5D and the vast majority of the empty condos have not been sold because they are under the Thai quota. Of course we have rentals just like every building, but not nearly as many as this gentlemen is implying.

19 hours ago, SGD said:

Really at 60k plus per sqm ?

There are cheaper once just have a look i paid just 46 and i believe you can get some cheaper somewhere else but these once are fully furnished and the quality of the condo itself and the buildings and pools is good . 

I like the VT2 pool as it is very big and enough room so as not to feel crowded.  Not so sure about the restaurant that is poolside.  I have heard that it has been managed by different people over the years and the quality changes quite a bit.  Perhaps others might know better.

• Like 1

I love Sombat condo pool, can do laps relax in pure sun and the water is warm. Also has a sauna at the pool. Very quiet on Pratamnak Soi 4. Great area for going to Pattaya or Jomtiem, equal distance. Message me if interested

2 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

I used to use "Mikes" swimming pool when I lived there---16 years ago. I liked the pool--and the other benefits were obvious. 

Is it still open ??

No, it is a hotel there now.