Lost your avatar? Don't have the original file? Try this.

Crossy

It seems the new TV site is not finished yet. Maybe one day someone will upload some files and set a directory and all the images are back again.

Personally I had "my" picture still somewhere on my PC and I uploaded it again to the forum. 

• Like 2

Where has the edit avatar disappeared to?
Being just too organised, I saved a copy of my avatar, but can't find how to restore/edit it.
I thought it was somewhere like >Settings>Account settings>, but i can't find it now.

Also I can't see where the Edit Sig File (footnote) has gone either.

3 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Where has the edit avatar disappeared to?
Being just too organised, I saved a copy of my avatar, but can't find how to restore/edit it.
I thought it was somewhere like >Settings>Account settings>, but i can't find it now.

Also I can't see where the Edit Sig File (footnote) has gone either.

Open your profile. Bottom left of the space where your avatar should appear (top left of the profile page, to the left of your username) is a little landscape icon. Click it.

Or just PM the photo to me and I'll fix it.

• Thanks 1

If you have to replaster yer' avatar does it also mean sending your new pic to followers as well , an' vice versa .. I couldn't find my old one so have gone for a horse lying down on a supermarket checkout .. shame I couldn't change the name as well to 

Justlazing or

Unexpected item in bagging area ..

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Open your profile. Bottom left of the space where your avatar should appear (top left of the profile page, to the left of your username) is a little landscape icon. Click it.

Or just PM the photo to me and I'll fix it.

Thanks Crossy,

I had trouble finding 'open your profile'. Must be my PTSD after the accident. Anyway, that's done now,

Anything on the edit footnote option?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Anything on the edit footnote option?

I seem to recall having difficuly finding the "signature" option previously, it's definitely gone now. I'll add it to the ever increasing list ???? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am to despondent over the loss to do anything now, I will wait an appropriate length of time  and perhaps then I will look for another one 

RIP:crying:

I also lost my crying emoji, I don't know if I can on living. this is too much. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, sirineou said:

I am to despondent over the loss to do anything now, I will wait an appropriate length of time  and perhaps then I will look for another one 

RIP:crying:

I also lost my crying emoji, I don't know if I can on living. this is too much. 

Does your image appear in a Google of "site:thaivisa.com avatar.jpg"?

Emojis are hopefully on the way back.

4 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Does your image appear in a Google of "site:thaivisa.com avatar.jpg"?

Emojis are hopefully on the way back.

No , but when I did a search Canucamuck's  avatar showed up front and center.

Why am I not surprised ????

image.png.f0f14e7bb62dcebc8407bc3fb71e1ced.png

Just now, sirineou said:

No , but when I did a search Canucamuck's  avatar showed up front and center.

You could still be in luck with Wayback Machine, it's likely heavy going as it's slow. 

1 minute ago, Crossy said:

You could still be in luck with Wayback Machine, it's likely heavy going as it's slow. 

I don't mind, the blank white circle with the little square at 11 o'clock position  has kind of a nice minimalist appeal. ????

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sirineou said:

So that's where it went. Salerno stole it.

Please don't hurt it.

How much will it cost me to get it back?

Haa, while I distracted you with my clever banter , I snack into your evil lair and stole it back!! 

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, sirineou said:

How much will it cost me to get it back?

No ransom demanded.

Not really an altruistic action tracking it down, pain in the proverbial ending up at someones profile instead of latest post in a thread due to their missing pic and their name overlaying the link. Had to turn the damn things off completely. Faster people replace/fix the better.

View-New-Content-Thai-Visa.png.96654573a697fdf98d24c87fb1df26d1.png                           1256245288_View-New-Content-Thai-Visa(1).png.9241629df966f648c1c6d4b0a306709e.png

Edited by Salerno

3 minutes ago, Salerno said:

No ransom demanded.

Not an altruistic action, pain in the proverbial ending up at someones profile instead of latest post in a thread due to their missing pic and their name overlaying the link. Had to turn the damn things off completely.

View-New-Content-Thai-Visa.png.96654573a697fdf98d24c87fb1df26d1.png                           1256245288_View-New-Content-Thai-Visa(1).png.9241629df966f648c1c6d4b0a306709e.png

Anyway, Thank you for liberating my Avatar.. The Salerno platoon comes through again!!  ???? 

• Haha 1