90 Day reporting by mail

We have just been here for 90 days under an O-A visa and reported for the first time by mail, but have not had any response yet. The reporting date was March 5th and we register mailed in the docs, with self addressed envelopes, on 23 February. 

- Is our waiting time too long? What is the normal response time?

- Can we mail in our first 90 day report? The website says NO for online reporting, but shows no restriction on mail in reporting.

Thanks for any feedback. 

George

Edited by georgesch
typo

The normal recommended wait is 30 days and it is often almost that long before a reply is received.  For the last month online reporting system has been down so suspect many have been forced to use mail and backlog is likely to be even more severe.  I would not worry for a few more weeks.  Just keep that mailing receipt.

You are reporting to an office that processes mail?  If Bangkok you did not mail the required 15 days prior (although not often enforced it is a rule).  

Edited by lopburi3
Question office used
  • Like 1

I mailed in my last 90 day report to Chaeng Wattana on February 13, it was mailed on a weekend so they received it on February 15.  My 90 day report due date was March 1.  I finally got my 90 day report back on March 10.

Hopefully the OP will receive his 90 day report this week. 

Thanks for the replies. I can relax for another week or so, I guess. 

I am in Bangkok and sent the docs in on Feb 23 with a due date of March 4. Perhaps I read the instructions wrong, but I thought that was within the specified period.

Thanks again, George

2 hours ago, georgesch said:

Thanks for the replies. I can relax for another week or so, I guess. 

I am in Bangkok and sent the docs in on Feb 23 with a due date of March 4. Perhaps I read the instructions wrong, but I thought that was within the specified period.

Thanks again, George

It is supposed to be mailed in 15 days before the due date.  With any luck, they'll still process it but stamp a warning for next time.  If you're unlucky, they'll tell you it was posted too late and now you have to visit Immigration in person to do it.  Good luck!

EMS tracking shows CW received my report on March 9, but I haven't received the return EMS envelope yet. My report due date is March 20. I note others here say it is often a few weeks before receiving reply. However, I'm wondering:

-- If I don't receive the reply in next few days, should I go do report at MTT by March 26 (end of 7-day grace period for in-person reporting) so as not to risk being deemed late? Is MTT the only place one can do report?

-- Is there a number to call at CW to verify that they are processing my mailed-in report?

-- What if I never get the reply back from CW? I do have my EMS sent receipt. I don't recall needing to show the reply at CW or at airport.

Thanks for help.

It is much too early to worry or do anything but wait.  And as normal online system has not been working it may take even longer. 

Waiting for reply mail over 1 month, please contact Immigration Office with your registered mail receipt.

Brewsrwebudgen,

Thanks for your reply, but I must confess I am a bit confused about when to report. The official Thai website ( Notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days – สำนักงานตรวจคนเข้าเมือง – Immigration Bureau) says " 4. The notification must be made within 15 days before or after 7 days the period of 90 days expires. "  

This seems to indicate that the window for the reporting period is from 15 days before until 7 days after the expiry date.

I still haven't heard anything, but with a departure date of April 15th it looks like a visit to the Immigration Offices is in my future if nothing is received in the next week or so. 

Thanks again, George

9 minutes ago, georgesch said:

This seems to indicate that the window for the reporting period is from 15 days before until 7 days after the expiry date.

That is only for doing reports in person. Immigration must receive the mailed report on or before 7 days before the report day.

From the page you posted a link to.

"Waiting for reply mail over 1 month, please contact Immigration Office with your registered mail receipt."

13 minutes ago, georgesch said:

I still haven't heard anything, but with a departure date of April 15th it looks like a visit to the Immigration Offices is in my future if nothing is received in the next week or so. 

If are leaving the country you do not need to worry about the report being done before you depart. Immigration at the airport do not check for 90 day reports being done.